lamb of god "as the palaces burn"video

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aramism

Reaction score
i know that lamb of god gutiarist willie adler and mark morton are avid mark iv users...

i always thought that 95% of their recorded tone was a mark iv. live they both use mk iv and i know that their last 2 albums producer machine mixed in some other amps for added effect but nonetheless the backbone of their tone is a mark iv

if you notice in the "as the palaces burn" video there is a full stack rectifier (dual or triple) and i think also in the "ruin" video in the church there is a rectifer stack.

does anyone know if these are fakes. obviously the video is just video with the album song so it wouldnt matter so im guessing they were dummies just as props.

any info on this? they used mark ivs to record earlier albums right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLFYHZN4Ny4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpwdugoHxAE

Koprofag said:
It simply has too much of that classic liquid Mesa growl in the vintage voicing to be considered a nu-metal amp. :)

Yes, and Lamb of God's guitarists simply have too much talent and complexity in their playing to be considered a nu-metal band. :)

Both guitarists' live setup are 100% Mark IV, so I think that it and a 4x12 is all you will need for their sound. Chops, on the other hand, will take a little time.

Koprofag said:
Buuut, I'm still convinced nobody could tell the difference if a Recto was set to sound like a Mark IV lead. It simply has too much of that classic liquid Mesa growl in the vintage voicing to be considered a nu-metal amp. :)

I get a pretty awesome Mark IV-ish lead tone from my Recto in orange/vintage/bold/tube. :)

oh yeah. i agree...

i figured they were props.

some of the stuff i play is very heavy at least i think. i play like lamb of godish meshauggahish nevermoreish type stuff on my road king

and i dont use modern mode (only for some mershuggah stuff on my 7 string)

my favorite rhythym/metal tone is in the vintage mode. it is voiced after the mark series rhythym tones....

modern mode is easy to get stuck in the "avril lavigne" mesa sound. not the good mesa sound. you gotta tweak the modern eq to make it sound not "trademark pop meal nu metal punk" mesa. i always have gain no more than 1:00 and love to throw in mids and keep presence real low. i find that it gives you the john petrucci recto tone not the godsmack

i mean don't get me wrong nothing beats the pure power and ball kicking of the modern but the vintage mode (ch3 in my RK ch4 vintage too modern like) is so liquid that once again its like a mark series lead/rhythym. less balls but more grit and finesse. if thats possible.

you guys who know what im talking about understand.

Latest posts

Back