KT66 In a Series I Rectoverb?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flacke

Reaction score
Can I just put some GT-KT66HP in my Series I Rectoveb Combo to see how they sound or do I need a bias mod or need to look for specialy rated Kt66s?

bob at eurotubes might be able to find you some kt66's that are right in the same bias range as the 6L6's that are in there now. its worth emailing him.

vulture2600 said:
bob at eurotubes might be able to find you some kt66's that are right in the same bias range as the 6L6's that are in there now. its worth emailing him.

Eurotubes doesn't sell KT66's.

If you want to buy KT66's that fall within the same bias range as 6L6GC's, you're going to have to request a very cool pair of KT66's because they tend to bias up much hotter than 6L6GC's.

Since you're looking at Groove Tubes, look into a #1 Hardness or a #2 Hardness. Don't order them from Musician's Friend and make sure the vendor you purchase them from has burned them in. www.dougstubes.com might be your best bet if you want some KT66HP's. Lord Valve is probably your other safe bet.

Dale

[/quote]Since you're looking at Groove Tubes, look into a #1 Hardness or a #2 Hardness. Don't order them from Musician's Friend and make sure the vendor you purchase them from has burned them in. www.dougstubes.com might be your best bet if you want some KT66HP's. Lord Valve is probably your other safe bet.
Dale[/quote]

I was thinking about doing this last spring in my Rectoverb series II head. I emailed GT and found that the KT66 would not fit (they gave me an avg. height measurement) without pulling the chassis and even then it would be close.

If you don't mind dropping ~$50 to find out, then go for it - KT66 have a neat sound. I was told the same thing about hardness rating that Dale just said - I'd stay with #3 or under.

Latest posts

Back