King of tone Pedal with older Mesa Boogie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elpingua

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Very odd question that I just want to throw out there. Does anyone out there use a King of tone pedal (extra points if it has the high gain mod on one side) with any older Mesa Boogie head/combo. What are your thoughts?

I ask because I understand certain pedals mesh better with certain amps. Just curious if anyone had any experience with this setup.

I heard a KOT with a VOX amp and it was smoking. I was blown away. I'm on the waiting list - want to see what if any MB amp I can pair it with for a good match.

elpingua said:
Hi Guys,

Very odd question that I just want to throw out there. Does anyone out there use a King of tone pedal (extra points if it has the high gain mod on one side) with any older Mesa Boogie head/combo. What are your thoughts?

I ask because I understand certain pedals mesh better with certain amps. Just curious if anyone had any experience with this setup.

I heard a KOT with a VOX amp and it was smoking. I was blown away. I'm on the waiting list - want to see what if any MB amp I can pair it with for a good match.

I've used mine bunch with my Mark III and Mark I(as well as Lonestar Classic)…sounds great with all of them…the KOT is a pretty amp friendly pedal…I've found very few pedals don't sound good with my Boogies…some old school fuzzes don't sound that great sometimes but thats about it...

I use mine with Triaxis , TA15, and A V-Twin Rack unit with no problems, I don't have the high gain option and don't use masive amounts of gain, just a boost to to bump up cleans and add some snap or edge to it. The KOT is a great pedal one of my favorites particularly with the boogie stuff and I own a bunch of High end Boutique stuff from Boogie,
Analogman, Hermida, Custom Tones and Origin.

Back