Keeley TS9DX or Zakk Wylde?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rectonator296

Reaction score
Hi guys, which is the best to get for boosting my rectoverb? Anybody who's got experience with either one or both are welcome to throw in your opinions. Thank you.

Not many people here seem to like the zakk od. Well I love it and out of 12 od's I tried with my dr and again with my stiletto it was the best imho. But I use it strictly as a boost, gain off level max and tone 50%. It did a really nice job in tightening the recto.

As a standalone drive through a clean channel......well it sucks but to complement the drive channel it excels.

And if it's good enough for petrucci to kick his mk IV in the butt it can't be all that bad now.

out of the 2 the original poster inquered about, the zw0d44 won hands down for me. are there better out there?, most likely, but its not the ts9dx.

I've tried loads of Overdrive pedals with my Recto. The Zakk pedal is great as said for clean boost, but i personally prefer to use either my Ibanez Ts-808 or my Fulltone OCD. They don't sound quite as gritty (if you know what i mean) as the Zakk MXR, to my ears they produce a warmer overdrive sound.

Its all about experimenting, see what works best for YOU.

I actually use both. Like mentioned above, they do different things. So depending on what I want, i switch between the two

ibanez4life SZ! said:
Analogman TS-9 Silvermod is the best boost I've ever heard with a Mesa.

as a clean boost, you find the silver mod better than the regular mod?

right now i have a stock TS9 and thinking of getting an analogman mod but don't know which one yet.

-PJ

Latest posts

Back