Keeley 808...anyone using?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finnster

Reaction score
I hear great things about this pedal. Is anyone using it in front of their amps? Is it really as good as they say? I know all this is subjective but I can't really go to the store to try it so I am relying on all you tone searching and GAS nerds for help. I iwould use it to push my F-50 or some of my cleaner settings on my Roadster....any experience or advise would be appreciated.

Finnster said:
I hear great things about this pedal. Is anyone using it in front of their amps? Is it really as good as they say? I know all this is subjective but I can't really go to the store to try it so I am relying on all you tone searching and GAS nerds for help. I iwould use it to push my F-50 or some of my cleaner settings on my Roadster....any experience or advise would be appreciated.

i use a keely sd 1 in front of my stiletto, realllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy amazing, i love it, i have 4 channels now, clean, clean pushed, jmp creamy crunch, heavy but still clear...

the stiletto with the keeley sd1 actually has a much tighter and clearer high gain sound then my rectifier, i recomend this pedal, i tested it and a 808 and newer tubescreamer all keeley modded through a few mesas and and marshalls at the store including, rectifier, rectoverb, lonestar, jcm 800 and plexi and the sd 1 to my ear was best

I use a Keeley modded TS808, and its a great sounding pedal. But to be honest if you are using it as a clean boost or additional overdrive in front of your amp preamp, then a stock TS9 would work just as well and be about $100 cheaper.

But it's a great overdrive pedal on a clean amp.

Do you guys use you modded SD-1's as extra overdrive or as clean boost?

Another option is the Visual Sound Route-66 OD/Compressor. You get the 808 sound (as the rt66 od is the same circuit including the NOS chip) with a fat boost, plus you get a really great comp too. I love mine, check it out.

I use a Keeley modded TS-9 and it works real well as a boost or as distortion on it's own. Great pedal! The grea thing about the mod is that when the gain is at a lower setting, it is cleaner than a standard TS-9, and when the gain is up high, there is more distortion. So basically the pedal has been expanded in both directions. You can check out clips on Keeley's site (TS-9 Mod-Plus clips).

Greeting all,

I use a Timmy and a Liquid Sunshine to boost my Recto and both work great. Also use a Barber Silver LTD too.

Latest posts

Back