Just traded in my triple Rec for a Mark IV combo and wow!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredding

Reaction score
I had several Mark amps in the past, (DC-3 dual rec, triple rec) and i could never find a good petrucci-ish lead tone. The triple rec doesn't have enough gain for lead and it's kind of clunky. I got this Mark IV wide body combo and plugged it into my cab and it sings! I have the gain level at 8 for the lead and it sustains like forever. I'm extremely happy.

I have a question to ask. When I turn the reverb up, the gain seems to drain a little bit and the sustain will go shorter.

Anyone has any ideas why? Thanks in advance.

Also, it seems that sometimes when I play a chord and let it ring out, the amp crackles at the very end (like 5 seconds after I strum the chord). This only happens when the chord rings out. DO you think it's the preamp tubes even I just barely changed them all?

Thank you very much!

Thanks buddy. Yes, I did change the tubes after I bought the amp. This crackling problem only happens sometimes and not consistent.

shredding said:
...seems that sometimes when I play a chord and let it ring out, the amp crackles at the very end (like 5 seconds after I strum the chord).

Could be the voice coil is rubbing. See if it does it with a different speaker.

Latest posts

Back