Just thought I'd share...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFW

Reaction score
Finally got it racked up...

mkivrack2.jpg

mkivrack1.jpg

You had to go and show me that...

I have a rackmount that I was thinking about selling because I have been in a real anti-rack mode the last 6 years. I might have to load it just to see if I would really like it in there for actual use as opposed to just for looks.

I just got a proper head case for mine too. I had had it in a III case. I just got a combo cab too. I haven't chosen a speaker for it but now I might not have a Mark IV to put in it because it might go into the rack. That sure does look good.....

The main reason I took it out of the head-shell, and racked it was to eliminate the need to run two 20 ft. cables back to the amp for chorus and delay. After much experimentation, I found that with the Mark IV modulation and time based effects sound better through the loop. (Which is not the case for my Marshall Jubilee) I have never heard a stomp box that sounds as good for modulation and delay as a good rackmount processor. I have a Lexicon MPX500 coining in from eBay to replace the Alesis unit in the photo.

Eventually, I’m going to rack it all in a 12U shockmount and have my Formula Pre and a poweramp in there as well. This will allow me to have two rigs in a compact (well sort of) easy to transport setup. If something goes down with my Mark IV, then I will simply fire up the Formula / Poweramp, and swap the loop cables. I’m hoping to have all of this completed by the end of the year. Well see though.

Very nice. Simple, effective and clean. Please let us know how the Lexicon unit works out. I have always thought that the Alesis ADA conversion was a tad off. The Lexicon should be perfect.

A very nice rig.

nice. i am going to be doing the same thing with my MK IV short head. I am pairing it up with a Rocktron Xpression unit in a 6 space rack. i just bought an axess electronics CFX-4 MIDI function switcher on ebay so I can switch the channels of the MK IV and control the rocktron unit with single taps on a midi pedal.

Latest posts

Back