Just Retubed My Nomad 45

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeyz

Reaction score
Hi all. Finally back again. I finally sold my Lonestar Classic and picked up a Nomad 45 1x12. As much as I liked the lonestar, it was just too much amp for me. Not to mention very heavy. When I first got the Nomad, it was distorting way too early and had a little hum. The original owner had never changed the preamp tubes, only the power tubes. All were Mesa. I contacted Dougs tubes and talked with doug about the problem and he sent me an entire set. Non mesa of course. I couldn't be happier. The amp just sings now and is very quiet. I was really gassing for a Lonestar Special, but just couldn't justify spending that kind of cash. I'm very glad I listened to my instincts, and went with the Nomad. Its given me everything I wanted for $675 including new tubes and is in mint condition. Now....I can get back to playing and stop searching for amps! YAAAAAAA!!!

I have a Nomad 45 and was running a concoction of NOS tubes and newer tubes that are alleged to be of higher quality than stock Mesa Tubes.

I went back to Mesa tubes because I was going to sell the amp off....the amp sounded amazing with the stock tubes. I decided to keep it and still run the Mesa tubes now.

I just ordered tubes from Doug and from all that I have read on the forum I can't wait to hear em in my Lonestar Classic!

Latest posts

Back