Just picked up a Traditional 4x12 cab - HOLY COW!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaughtLikeFire

Reaction score
So I decided that it was time to step up from my Mesa Halfback 2x12 to a Recto 4x12. My Rectoverb head sounded pretty darn good through the 2x12 but today I plugged it into my new 4x12 Recto Traditional . . . ****! So THIS is how my ROV is supposed to sound. Bass is nice and thick, highs are clear, mids are perfect - a little subdued but not too scooped.

I don't always agree with Mesa's choices for tubes, speakers, even preamp design, but they did a bang-up job with the Traditional cab - perfect for the Single Rec and (probably the Dual too). There are lots of Recto Standard cabs floating around but if any of you Recto Series owners get a chance, test drive the 4x12 Traditional ASAP.

For reference, I'm currently playing a Gibson SG '61 Reissue with 57 humbucker in the neck and an Angus Young humbucker in the bridge. Perfect classic hard rock sound in vintage mode and when I drop tune and switch to modern, I get a perfect hardcore or old school metal grind. I'm in love with my ROV all over again 8)

yeah I love the traditional 4X12's as well they seem to match every mesa head (ohh ****) perfectly. Mind you a cabinet has a different function for
environment, if at home don't sell you're previose one (trust me you will regret it). :)

Latest posts

Back