Just got my Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackmaster

Reaction score
I just got the mark V head last week. I love it, however I'm a first time Boogie user and I'm havin trouble dialing it in. I also need to update my speaker cab. Any suggestions? Thanks guys..

Welcome and congrats on your new amp. There is a MASSIVE thread on MKV setup/tones. The manual will help you get an idea of how it works and then the thread will share some setups. The amp is very sensitive to the guitar and your playing style. Sometimes I try the posted settings and it does not sound close, some are spot on.

Jackmaster said:
I just got the mark V head last week. I love it, however I'm a first time Boogie user and I'm havin trouble dialing it in. I also need to update my speaker cab. Any suggestions? Thanks guys..

First time Mesa/MarkV user here too...welcome!

I've noticed that the bass needs to be set lower than all the amps I have.
Watch out for the EQ when going channel to channel. What works good
in one may be so so in another.

I have the combo so I can't help with the cab.

Good luck!

Jackmaster said:

congrats and welcome,

try the mark V tone settings thread in this forum, that's a good start :wink: at the same time you have to ask yourself what type of sound are you after?

Welcome :D and congrats on the MKV.

As far as cabs go, IMO if you gig or play with a band regularly you really can't go wrong with a good solid built 4x12 cab loaded with Celestion V30s.

If you play at home, the 1x12 Thiele is a great smaller cab.

I've been a Mesa player for over 9 years now, I was hooked after my first! I'm still waiting on my MKV to come in, but have my Roadster to get by for now.

Dom

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me. I love this amp. As recommended, I checked out the mark V tone settings thread in this section. I changed my settings to the MKIIc+, triode, with the standard v setting on the eq. Oh baby, thats heaven in my ears. I plan on playing in a band, I think its been 15 years since the last time I was in a band. The mark V seems like it will hold its own and be Awsome! Can't wait to try it with the other guys. I'd like to buy a new cab. I checked out the Port City demo on You Tube, sounded sweet. Any feed back on the Port City's. I also looked into something with the V30s. Also sweet.

Back