Just got a Lonestar Special - Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eweise

Reaction score
I just bought a lonestar special after 8 years with my DC-3. The amp is simply awesome. Much different than the dc-3, its brighter with less mids and great clean and crunch tones. dc-3 has a much thicker sound, great for cutting through. But I do a lot of recording and being able to switch down to 5 watts will be easier to record.

Question about the normal/thick/thicker switch. Does this apply to both channels or just channel 2? The manual isn't clear about this.

Also, anyone want to buy a dc-3? I would be willing to sell locally in th SF bay area. It's in perfect shape with 3 month old JJ tubes in it. I would keep it but being space challenged, I need to keep my gear to a minimum.

-Eric

Eric,

I am not positive on the Thick/Thicker switch, (as I own a Lonestar Classic). I would assume the basic design is the same, so it is for CH2 only, (does not work with CH1).

I used to own a DC-3 and kinda miss it. How much to you want for your DS-3. I live in Aptos and work in Scotts Valley. So assuming we can agree on price, I can come get it.

Jack

thanks for responses guys. Hey Janglin_Jack I'll PM you about the dc-3.

The thick/normal/thicker thing is for channel 2 only. It's funny because I also own a DC-3. As a matter of fact, the only two amps I own are the Lonestar Special Head and the DC-3 Combo. I could never sell the DC-3. I've had a bunch of other amps come and go but I'm not selling that one.

Latest posts

Back