Just got a 3 Channel Recto,makes me really want a Roadster!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I sold a 1992 Custom 24 to a friend. I loved the guitar, but that stupid (albeit beautiful) top carve makes my right arm hurt like I slept on it all night.......

I got $1,000 cash, a set of Gibson humbuckers, and a 3 channel Dual Rec half stack! Not bad at all.....

I haven't had a Recto in a long time, last one was a Roadking 1 which I loved, but hated the cleans and reverb on. Never even played a 3 channel until the other day. This thing sounds amazing! I still hate the cleans, but man is it aggressive!

I'm thinking about selling it and getting a Roadster head. I want reverb and better cleans. Plus, I can mod the Roadster to be more aggro.

Anyway......I really miss the Recto sound. I currently have a Mark III and Mark IIb along with a Rivera K-Tre, Rivera S-120, and Mesa DC-3. I think the Roadster could easily replace all of them except the Tre.

:lol: On my old Roadking 1, I did the following:

Change channel 4 Gain pot to 500k or 1M (original Dual Rectifier value) - SOOOO much more gain available
Change channel 4 Presence pot to 25K to tame the shrill brightness
Replace 100 ohm resistors on each Cathode for lead channels with a jumper.
- R11 (V1a), R24(V1b), un-named resistor V3a
- From what I have read, these are supposed to mimic the LDR being in the circuit on the original design. Sounds much fuller and meaner without them.

I had the lead channels of my RK1 singing! I could never make channels 1 & 2 sound the way I wanted though.......Plus the solid state reverb was just not what I wanted to hear.
That's why I need the Roadster! :lol:

Monsta-Tone said:

Change channel 4 Gain pot to 500k or 1M (original Dual Rectifier value) - SOOOO much more gain available
Original Dual Rectifier gain pot values have been measured and they are within the range of 220-250k ohm.

Shemham said:
Monsta-Tone said:

Original Dual Rectifier gain pot values have been measured and they are within the range of 220-250k ohm.
Interesting. I wonder how many different versions of this amp there really are. Do you know which version of the Dual Rec this came from? All of my drawings show 1M. I'll have to check my friend's amps out. He has a Rev. G (my old amp) that has 1M, and a Rev. F.
I just built an SLO lead channel into a Rivera amp. 1M was the way to go! I tried 250k, 500k, and 1M.
The 1M was the fix for my old Roadking too.

Thanks for the links! I'll have to open up my friend's amps again and check it out. Pretty sure I checked the one I used to own and it was 1M, but now I wonder.

Either way, a 1M gain pot in my old RK1 was massive!

Latest posts

Back