Just bought a Nova Delay for my Mark V...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
I was using a DD-3 and noticed it sucked major tone and the repeats were clipping! Just bought a Nova Delay and should receive it this week. Can't wait! I've only ever used BOSS delays so this should be a major step up in sound quality for my Mark V's sensitive FX loop!

Anyone else use one?

I'm going for that Deluxe Memory Man for mine. Can't wait!! :)

Scary said:
I'm going for that Deluxe Memory Man for mine. Can't wait!! :)

That should be a good one.

I opted for delay effect only (since I don't use any other effects) and programmable presets and a dedicated tap tempo and delays based on the TC 2290 rack FX (like Petrucci used to use)..... 8)

The Nova will make you happy- trust me. HANDS DOWN the best value in the delay market. I prefer the time factor, but for the money, Nova is tough to beat.....

I bought one too and I love it. Sounds so much better then the Boss delay. I like the ability to store presets. I would like a Timefactor too but this was a better value.

Received the Nova yesterday. It is 100% transparent!! I cannot tell any difference between fx loop on and off. That is very impressive. The DD-3 I used to use was sucking MAJOR tone. The sound quality of this delay is unbelievable. I've never heard my delays sound so good. Totally worth the price!

You already have me gassing for a Mark V, now you have to bring up pedals? :wink:
It's nice to simplify your rig down to an amp and 1 or 2 pedals isn't it.

ryjan said:
You already have me gassing for a Mark V, now you have to bring up pedals? :wink:
It's nice to simplify your rig down to an amp and 1 or 2 pedals isn't it.

It definitely is. I feel like I can breathe better now for some reason! Haha. The Mark V doesn't need much help from pedals for awesome tone. Delay is the only real 'effect' i'll be using with it. I just love delay! I'll use a wah pedal and volume pedal as well, but that's it. That's all a man really needs when he has an amp that is almost entirely self sufficient...

Laskyman said:
If you like the Nova, but suffer from gas- DO NOT PLAY WITH A TIMEFACTOR!!!!! STEP AWAY FROM THAT PEDAL......

Trust me

Haha. Don't worry. The price tag places a hex on the pedal so I cannot come within 10 feet of it without feeling a pain in my wallet.... Haha.

MusicManJP6 said:
Received the Nova yesterday. It is 100% transparent!! I cannot tell any difference between fx loop on and off. That is very impressive. The DD-3 I used to use was sucking MAJOR tone. The sound quality of this delay is unbelievable. I've never heard my delays sound so good. Totally worth the price!

Awsome! I have dd-3 and not impressed with the sucking either. But I noticed that if I keep the right two faders (2.2k 6k?) around the middle, the sucking is barely noticable.

Out of curiosity, could you boost those last two faders (on the right) max up and check see if the tone suck is there? I know you'd never play like that - just curious I guess.

iFreedom said:
MusicManJP6 said:

Awsome! I have dd-3 and not impressed with the sucking either. But I noticed that if I keep the right two faders (2.2k 6k?) around the middle, the sucking is barely noticable.

Out of curiosity, could you boost those last two faders (on the right) max up and check see if the tone suck is there? I know you'd never play like that - just curious I guess.

It sold on eBay so I can't test with it... it was sucking tons of tone though...

MusicManJP6 said:
iFreedom said:
MusicManJP6 said:

It sold on eBay so I can't test with it... it was sucking tons of tone though...

Sorry, I ment your nova. :D

Why is the Time Factor better than the Nova? I bought the Nova because my DD6 was gawd awful in the loop of my Shiva, which has one of the worst loops known to man.

Why is the Time Factor better than the Nova

Look at it like this- and since you have had both, I am sure you will see where this is going- the Nova makes the Boss look like a toy in nearly every measurable way- now while the Nova delay is an excellent delay- i used one for nearly 2 years- it is not even in the same league as the Timefactor...
Time factor is a real-time dual delay (2 completely manipulatable delays simultaneously mono OR stereo), with parameters to alter the wave shape of the modulations. Also has looper capability, and TONS of preset capability, as well as the ability to attach an expression pedal to alter the parameters in real time for crazy effects. The quality of the delays is also better -more organic- especially in vintage tape setting. If you *really* like delay, and I know I do, this is the best delay on the market. Plus, if you are strapped for cash, or want to conserve real estate on the board, you can feign chorus, flange, and rotary effects with this pedal by eliminated the repeats on a wet delay.....
Nova- very good
Time Factor- Incredible

I've been GASSING for both & a GT-10. Now I'm just more confused!

well, I have a 10, and I believe you all know how I feel about it- I will always have a GT, because I will at times play events that an amp isn't invited to be on stage for- for that reason, as well as a little direct to CPU or late night recording, a GT is a great go-to, Plus, it is capable of controling the channel switching on many amps as well as providing ALL effects, blah, blah, blah.....
That takes us to the Electra Dyne- which is the most Dynamic amp I have ever played- the GT works killer, but I want the least amount of outboard gear possible, because I feel this amp alone is really that good (and I have been through a few...).
I do, however, love me some delay, and if I go that route, no reason for *me* to buy "good enough", when "absolute best" is what my amp deserves.
Of course money is always a concern, and I, like many here, can only make budget neutral purchases on gear- so, something has to give. I choose to turn gear for the tone that inspires, or save up until I can make what I feel is the "right" purchase for my gear and playing applications.
A GT can curb your GAS for a time while you research other gear because of the variety of possibilities....in the long run, all these companies will continue to manufacture......
Good luck-

I just ordered the Eventide delay :D . I can not wait to get it. I will take a week of from work to play with it :lol: . I now run my MkV into a Line 6 delay and slave a Lone star off that signal. Stereo delay sounds awesome. I am sure the Eventide delay will smoke the Line 6.

Then I watched a youtube vid of the time factor :roll: ... blew my mind. I ordered one of those too.

Latest posts

Back