Just blew a preamp tube (v4) in my 2 wk old mesa DR

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBCwanabe

Reaction score
I was wondering if it is somthing to get worried about? i changed the tube out for a brand new jj and i am going to send the broken tube to mesa under warrenty.
What if i keep breaking tubes?
Has anyone had somthing similar to this happen?
Thanks !

no nothing.... just had the loop on "activated by footswitch" mode. I never had anything hooked up. Think that may be part of the problem?

That shouldn't matter.. you might have just gotten a bad tube, I think there was a thread here recently about a bad shipment of tubes..

Either way, no sense worrying unless it happens again.

I had the V3 tube fail in my RKII, less than two weeks out of the box (bought it brand new from the Mesa store in Hollywood). I never had a tube fail that prematurely before, so that reinforces my belief in always having spare tubes. Anyway, I've replaced V3, and V2, with Tung Sol 12AX7s, it has been about three weeks they have not failed yet.

Well i called mesa today and they are sending me a new pre amp tube free of charge. The man on the phone was very helpful. I hope this doesnt happen again... i hate the thought of sending the thing back and paying shipping....

anyway im glad that i am not the only one who this has happend to...

Latest posts

Back