JJ Tubes for Stiletto Deuce, OK???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poweredbysoul

Reaction score
I have set coming from Eurotubes to retube my amp. They matched them for the stiletto, pre amp and output. I called the Mesa dealer and they wanted more cash then Eurotubes.
Will there be any noticable differance with the JJ's?

JJs sounds great in the Stiletto! I had a full set of JJ preamp tubes in my Ace when I had it. Great tubes for the amp. Didn't try the power tubes though. I went back and forth b/w the Mesa 447s and TungSol EL34Bs. I think the JJ pres make the amp quieter, cleaner, crunchier, and tighter. I've tried JJs in several of my amps in the past and they helped out my F-30, Stiletto Ace, and DC-3 the most. They made my Rectoverb harsh though, and I'm starting to think the new Mesa branded JJs are making my Mark V a little harsh as well.

the jjs are cool in the stilettos. they help tame some of the brightness. they are dark souning tubes.

Putting two gold pin JJ ax7's in V1 and V2 smoothed out my amps tone a tad. actually very noticably especially when playing pinch/screech harmonics. I also got the str450's which sound great and i think may have contributed to this improvement as well. Also seemed to attain a subtle increase in headroom from my clean channel.

Hey PowerdBySoul: I got a used Stiletto Ace 2X12 in November and just retubed it this week with a set from Eurotubes (the Gold Pin Option w/E34L's). Noticeable improvement, it cleaned up nice and reduced the noise. It sings and really shines when I hit the Fulltone Full-Drive 2. The tubes are all JJ, and while I haven't tried others to compare to, I'm very satisfied. I still need to get a footswitch for the amp to see how that's gonna work (Channel Switching and Solo function), but the Eurotubes set of JJ's is definitely a starter.

I believe current production mesa/boogie tubes are JJ's. Not sure about the EL34's but the 6L6's and 12AX7's are.

Latest posts

Back