Jimmy Page Tone w/Lonestar Special

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMP10

Reaction score
Boogie-Heads,
Playing a couple gigs doing Zeppelin tunes, given the current state of affairs w/ the BIG SHOW in England...Anybody have any suggestions settings wise...I play through a Lonestar Special...Going to be using my trusty Epiphone Les Paul...Whatcha guys think???

I have a LSS Head and compact 1/12.

My OD Channel settings-5 watt Mode:

Drive 11:00 I use the switch in Normal
Gain 3:00
Treble 4:00
Mid 10:00
Bass Nearly All the way off
Presence 2:00
Master 9:00

Changing the toggle switch can get you to Mesa Singing mode.

AMP10 said:
Boogie-Heads,
Playing a couple gigs doing Zeppelin tunes, given the current state of affairs w/ the BIG SHOW in England...Anybody have any suggestions settings wise...I play through a Lonestar Special...Going to be using my trusty Epiphone Les Paul...Whatcha guys think???

I use close to the same settings as below with some changes, probably due to different pickups. I set up pretty much like this:

channel two and vary the gain between 10:00 and 4:00. No drive. Or with Drive use the gain aroud 10:00 and drive at 12:00. In manual it says gain higher than Drive but i like drive higher or no drive at all. And also Bass Nearly All the way off like below. I like to crank up presence too and a little reverb - you can go from Zep to ZZTop to Queen. Good enough for me anyway.

This all depends on the pickups too, tbh i think Dimarzio Fred in bridge sounds bettar than my SG with Gibson pickups. If you can try a guitar with that pickup or similar and the LSS amp tell me what you think. I think that would get you closer closer to Zep sound anyway, especially the studio Zep. OR maybe even another higher gain pikup. er, what kind of pick ups are in the Epiphone? Does it have PU cover on the bridge?

twally said:

Which toggle switch, do you mean the wattage switch?

Do you guys hear all that much tonal difference between 5-15-30 watts? Because to me it is mostly volume difference. With 5 Watt good for playing at home, any time i feel like....best way to practice is this amp in 5watt mode...sweeet. :lol:

Travis said:
AMP10 said:
Boogie-Heads,

I use close to the same settings as below with some changes, probably due to different pickups. I set up pretty much like this:

channel two and vary the gain between 10:00 and 4:00. No drive. Or with Drive use the gain aroud 10:00 and drive at 12:00. In manual it says gain higher than Drive but i like drive higher or no drive at all. And also Bass Nearly All the way off like below. I like to crank up presence too and a little reverb - you can go from Zep to ZZTop to Queen. Good enough for me anyway.

This all depends on the pickups too, tbh i think Dimarzio Fred in bridge sounds bettar than my SG with Gibson pickups. If you can try a guitar with that pickup or similar and the LSS amp tell me what you think. I think that would get you closer closer to Zep sound anyway, especially the studio Zep. OR maybe even another higher gain pikup. er, what kind of pick ups are in the Epiphone? Does it have PU cover on the bridge?

twally said:

Which toggle switch, do you mean the wattage switch?

Do you guys hear all that much tonal difference between 5-15-30 watts? Because to me it is mostly volume difference. With 5 Watt good for playing at home, any time i feel like....best way to practice is this amp in 5watt mode...sweeet. :lol:

I tried to reply to this Post this morning, but something happened when I hit submit. Anyway, the toggle switch I am refering to is the Normal/Thick/Thicker switch. I keep mine in Normal. As far as using the higher wattage modes, the thing I hear is more headroom.

The five watt mode rules..

Back