Jekyll & Hyde

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhouse

Reaction score
Boas.

Does anyone uses the Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde pedal with the rectifiers?
What do you think?

I have not used one with a Recto...you don't need to. I have used it with a Marshall JCM 2K DSL and a Studio 15. Awesome pedal, extremely useful and their H2O pedal is one of the best chorus effects on the market. IMHO.

I've used a tubescreamer which is what the jekyll side is with a rectifier, I like a nice overdrive with mine but the TS colors tone too much so I use an OCD as my overdrive now, also works way better with EL34 type amps imo. A tube screamer sounds great with a rectifier and 6L6 tubes, dialed in for a volume boost with a slight gain dialed in.

Platypus said:
I've used a tubescreamer which is what the jekyll side is with a rectifier, I like a nice overdrive with mine but the TS colors tone too much so I use an OCD as my overdrive now, also works way better with EL34 type amps imo. A tube screamer sounds great with a rectifier and 6L6 tubes, dialed in for a volume boost with a slight gain dialed in.

Im thinking have having my tube screamer modded by Keeley .

I switch between the Jekyl & Hyde and my Tubescreamers. They sound pretty close to the same, so that's why they're swappable for me. I think the Jeky side of the pedal sounds a little better and has a touch more gain on tap.

I do use it on a medium gain setting (Raw mode with the gain around 2:00) and I think it tightens up the amp and gives it more of a compressed sound. I like it quite a bit.

Back