Jackson Fans?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What?? Somebody say Jackson??
:twisted:
backlight.jpg

frontdark.jpg

I just finally got my Custom Shop King V in to the shop for a fret leveling, crowning, full setup and intonation... I just played it today for the first time since its setup with another band I'm joining and I was VERY impressed. Such a great axe. I'm not too keen on the Evolution that is loaded in the bridge right now. I'm very tempted to snag an X2N and run that instead.

Also, guys have awesome Jackson collections!

I've got a Jackson RRX (Japanese version of the RR1) with EMG 81 & 85 pickups. It's the only axe I have so it get's a bit loney when I'm at work! :lol:

Ciao ...

i seen a post your Jackson post soooo.......... :D
Picture011.jpg

with the lights out...
Picture014.jpg

here is an old shot of the one in the bottom left of the case,,,it used to be blue :wink: and i used to be skinny :lol:
metalathe_business_card_on_the_guitar_baby.jpg

i'm not as skinny now... :D
me.jpg

MOSH ON
DAVE

I own a Soloist SL1 and a kelly KE1 and I really want to get a KV1 (dave Mustaine model) or a KV2. Awesome guitars!

I've owned several killer Jackson's over the last 20 years. I had an one of the last San Dimas bolt-ons in Flourescent Yellow, an original Phil Collen with the heavy carved top, Soloists, Fusions, and assorted others. Most of them are gone now, but I still have a 1993 Jackson JTX (a Japanese Pro Model) that is probably one of the 2-3 best guitars I've EVER owned. I paid $600 for it new with case, and it just kills!!! Looks kind of like a hybrid Tele/Ernie Ball Axis design. I could never replace her, and she's been my warhorse for over a decade! I also have a late 1980's Charvel Telecaster with a reverse headstock in Black. I put a Duncan Tele Hot Rails in it and she shreds! It's a pretty rare one, but they do pop up from time to time. While I tend to play my PRSi most of the time, I still love those wide thin Jackson necks! ROCK ON!!!
:D

I owned two Jackson Pro's ten years ago, moving up from some Ibanez's I was using at the time. They were very good guitars, I was impressed with how well the neck played, sounded, and held up despite being ridiculously thin. Their necks and fingerboards are typically well-executed, and the body finish is pretty good as well. Since then, they've made a lot of lower priced guitars made in different countries with lesser materials, so I can't speak for all Jacksons, but the Japanese-made ones I had were well-worth the money.

Does anyone have active pickups in their Jackson(s)? I want to install EMG81s or 81/85 combo (donno yet) into my SL2H (haven't go it yet but planning to) and I was just wondering wether anyone has converted their axe from the passive to active state? So inconveniet not having a factory standard option of a battery cavity especially in something that costs as much as these things do :(

Also... I don't know wether anyone has unscrewed the control cavity thing... but are the screw holes just wood? or did they put brass screw hole inserts into them? coz I read that a ppl usually put the battery into the control cavity but if thats the case and the screw holes are just wood... after a couple of battery changes... ull have nice big holes and ull have to leave the cover off.

Latest posts

Back