I've fallen in love with my Mk2C+ (again)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRS-Ian

Reaction score
Thanks to George (GTS) and his head shell I've fallen in love with my Mk2C+ again.
Some years ago it got to a point where a hardwood Boogie combo in a flight (road) case was just too much to manage, so along with two others they went into storage. :(
In the intervening years I discovered self-build low wattage amps and then (although I'm ashamed to admit it :oops: ) digital modelling and while I was on the 'dark-side' I no longer frequented the Boogie forum. However, a month or so ago I saw the light and the various threads showing George's (GTS) handiwork and thought I'd get him to make me a head shell.
It arrived last Saturday (having spent 7 day in UK Customs) and I transfered the amp later that day. OGM tonal heaven. :D :D
The workmanship on this head shell is absolutely first class and fitting the amp, fan and reverb unit was a piece of cake. If you are thinking about getting a cab made, then don't think, just contact GTS NOW!
Please excuse the poor quality photos taken on a cell phone.
Photo0217.jpg

Photo0232.jpg

If you are interested, I've posted a load of photots here http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/PRS-Ian/Mesa%20Boogie%20Mk2c%20-%20Head%20Shell/
Ian

GTS' builds are GREAT! I've been meaning to make a topic like this since I received my head shell about a month ago, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. He made me a short head in dark red tolex (can't remember the name of the color) and it's absolutely stunning. Everything is easier with this shell compared to the original shell (changing tubes, taking the amp out/in, looking at it :lol: ). It feels absolutely solid (even after a trip over the Atlantic with usps 8) ).

If someone tells me how, I'll post some pictures too.

Paw said:
GTS' builds are GREAT!
We now need to persuade him to venture into hardwoods with dovetail joints :D
If someone tells me how, I'll post some pictures too.
I use photobucket.com. Register an account (its free) and upload your photos (they tell how to do it). When each photo is loaded it is given an IMG code (which is an address to that photo), copy and paste that IMG code into the text of your thread. When you preview your posting the photo(s) will appear.
Ian

Latest posts

Back