Its all your fault!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skunizzi

Reaction score
I blame all of you for this! I went out and bought an Electra Dyne today... :)

After listening, reading watching and playing the Eleactra Dyne I went out today to buy it. Its a funny story because when I got to the store it was about 1 hour before closing time and the play was rocking and rolling. I went to the Mesa section and saw the Lonestar and 5:50 as well as the roadster but no Electra Dyne anywhere. I was getting worried since I had driven a while in the -17 temperature to get it. I asked the sales rep. if they had any, and he told me yes they had one in the storage and they would bering it down for me to try. After waiting 15 minutes they brought it in. It was still in the box so they had to take it out and unwrap it for me. Its kind of a nice feeling to know that no one else has touched your amp before you. A Mesa Virgin!

Anyways I began playing the amp after they handed me a fender strat. It was a cheap model with two single coils and a humbucker in the bridge. Its sounded nice but the guitar was out of tune and not what I usually play plus I forgot to bring a pick with me so I was playing with my fingers which I don't usally do. After a few minuts, I asked for a Gibson Les Paul and a pick. Much much better sound. I got so carried away that the sales rep. came to tell me to lower the volume (in a nice way).

I then realised that the reverb was not even turned on, so I switched it one and kept playing and playing and playing. What a great sounding amp!

The funny part is that there were a group of teenagers trying out a Marshall stack at the other end of the store while I was playing the ED. When I stopped playing they came over right away and started looking at the amp. I overheard them say, it's only got one speaker! And how great it sounded compaired to the Marshall stack. The sales rep had to tell them to step away from it because it had just been sold! It made be feel great to know that I was not the only one who thought the Electra Dyne sounded awsome!

Thanks guys for answering all my questions before I decided to make the purchase. I know I made the right decision.

I read all the hype too so I tried one out at the local GC and was so impressed I put my Bogner Shiva up for sale that same day. I didn't get much interest, even at a really good price, but then I found someone with a used ED combo who was willing to trade and I couldn't have been happier. I made the 4 hour drive to meet him and I've been in love with the ED ever since. Killer sounds in all three modes and it still makes me smile every time I turn it on. Congrats on the new amp.

Congrats man.

There are so many tones to be had out of this thing you will love it!

Latest posts

Back