It's a boogie or not? a little sound test for you ;-)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont own a Mark series but im guessing that its some sort of model of the mark, but even sounds to me like an unberschall in the rhythm. The rhythm sounds tight and tracks tight, but it also sounds double tracked so im unsure. The leads sound heavy in the effects but I cant figure out if its coming from a double track or an effect im guessing some modeling again. Im pretty sure its not a recto, I cant hear any sag.

Mabye more Mark users can chime in.

there's a bass track on there to thicken things up. the guitar is very high in the mix and has been double tracked and panned. the drums are midi. i'm still nearly convinced it's a triaxis on the C+ mode. the leads are also double tracked. you can hear the "creaminess" of the c+/mark in the note transitions.

I know what it is. :wink:

But i have to have manners and let massy reply, of course he may have forgotten us.

David.W said:
I dont own a Mark series but im guessing that its some sort of model of the mark, but even sounds to me like an unberschall in the rhythm. The rhythm sounds tight and tracks tight, but it also sounds double tracked so im unsure. The leads sound heavy in the effects but I cant figure out if its coming from a double track or an effect im guessing some modeling again. Im pretty sure its not a recto, I cant hear any sag.

Mabye more Mark users can chime in.

no, it really isnt a Mark series amp, well at least mine doesnt sound like this :lol: the Marks have a very proeminent and characteristical mids that im not hearing there . . .

gosh guys, i may be flamed, but i still vote for a non tube amp . . .

No vigo, I mean i really know what it is.

and it aint a mesa is it tricky massy!?

Usually when people post a clip and it's a 'guess what amp this is' you can bet it's a modeller of some description. Modellers do sound good in recordings but it's a totally different story on stage.

Ciao ...

Well I have to admit our confusion is well warranted. Anyway if you want to know what the mystery amp is click here...

mystery amp

I pm'd massy a few days ago to ask him what it was but he may have forgotten about us, I got no reply, so I did some research.

thank me later :lol:

David.W said:
No vigo, I mean i really know what it is.

and it aint a mesa is it tricky massy!?

oh yeah, i understood that David 8) and yes, for me its better not to be a Mk series :oops: :lol:

the firewall here aint allowing me to go the Petrucci forum . . . so, please, ease my pain, what is that??? :?:

tkcr :D

Its crazy hu...

Im not sure if you saw the pic

These are massy's amps from the Petrucci forum, I hope he dosnt mind me linking the pic, he does have them on posted on the Petrucci forum.

First of all, I'M SO SORRY for my HUGE DELAY to post a reply to your answer, I've been through some problems and hard work periods...
The amp it's a Soldano SLO clone, 50watts version, with a markish tone stack mod, and some tweaks to the NFB circuits...all the sounds were recorded with this amp and a quadraverb in the loop...
thanks for your attention and please excuse me again...
Massy

OH! if you want more pics( inner and outer) of the amp, any info about it, I'll be happy to help you...
thanks

Latest posts

Back