Issue with my Single Rectifier Series 2... please help !!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanezfreak777

Reaction score
Ok peoples.. a few moons ago I attempted the series loop mod. Thinking I did it correctly I think I may have done something wrong.

When im plugged direct into the amp and simply turn all vol down on the gain channel I can still hear my guitar playing through the speakers...

Im almost certain this has something to do with my series loop mod.. please take alook at my mod below and let me know if this is the reason it is happening... I really dont want to have to take this to a repair guy, they charge a fortune and the amp sounds awesome as it is, and the issue isn't that big of a deal, but I would like the amp to work 100% as its supposed to.

any help would be great

P1230882.jpg

Most, if not all (I don't remember, I've been through many) rectifier's I've played before do this...even if you turn all the volume down, there is still a tiny bit of signal coming through. Mesa loops have a tiny bit of bleed because of their design.

I wouldn't worry about it at all if the amp sounds good.

Eric

RussB....

I don't have the loop mod done to my amp and since you do, and to answer the OP's question, does your amp have this noise bleed issue? I'd be curious to know, too.

Thanks.

Blaklynx said:
RussB....

I don't have the loop mod done to my amp and since you do, and to answer the OP's question, does your amp have this noise bleed issue? I'd be curious to know, too.

Thanks.

When I got my used Single Rec, it had the series mod done to it...but I returned it to parallel :roll:

ibanez4life SZ! said:
Most, if not all (I don't remember, I've been through many) rectifier's I've played before do this...even if you turn all the volume down, there is still a tiny bit of signal coming through. Mesa loops have a tiny bit of bleed because of their design.

I wouldn't worry about it at all if the amp sounds good.

Eric

I agree with Eric. If you want to reassure yourself that you did the mod correctly, hard bypass the loop and turn the master control all the way down.. you should hear the same result.

Latest posts

Back