Is this legit?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nazgul666

Reaction score
I am looking into jumping in to the world of Marks. Do you think this is safe pulling the trigger on this 2c+ combo?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIC-Combo-1x12_W0QQitemZ290413483599QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439dfe164f

Thanks,

Mike

Been on the board a million times - offer way under the asking price if you do decide to go ahead.

I'll let someone more technical than I to comment on the transformer thing, but Mercury Magnetics is a straight up legit company so I'd take that PDF seriously, personally.

Yeah this baby has hit the forums several times. I wouldn't buy it due to the serious rust on the transformers. Period. That amount of rust usually means it was stored in a bad spot

Ah, another thread on the amp that has since been affectionately referred to as "Ol' Rusty." Definitely not worth the asking price, even for a C+. It's beat up, mismatched speaker, been splashed, abused and used in every way possible. If the seller gives it up for under $1400, call it a deal.

not all c+'s sat their whole lives in your guys' living room, only comming out for pictures.
some of these amps have been around and seen some serious use. if they still work, than with proper care from now on, they're be fine. they're boogies for christ sake. if you worry about a little rust on your amp, why even be in the market for an amp that old?
with how high c+ prices are these days, i don't think his price is THAT out of whack. maybe 1600 or something.
people are also scared of the combo thing.
if that were a head it would probably have sold by now.

I've been sniped bidding on an uglier C+, but it was a factory C+ and many, many moons ago when $1000 was huge.
It looked like it had barnacles !!!

No one said not to buy it, but it's still a good idea to verify the circuit. It would have been a good idea to clean up
the transformers before the auction. Now 10,000 people have seen it and have the serial number so it's engrained in
the publics conscience as a rusty upgrade with a G1280 Celestion. Not our fault. He could also make a clip of him playing
the amp. If it sounds like a C+, who cares what it looks like unless your Rob Witte. :mrgreen:

JimAnsell said:
not all c+'s sat their whole lives in your guys' living room, only coming out for pictures.

Don't be a "hater". :wink:

JimAnsell said:
some of these amps have been around and seen some serious use. if they still work, than with proper care from now on, they're be fine. they're boogies for christ sake. if you worry about a little rust on your amp, why even be in the market for an amp that old?
with how high c+ prices are these days, i don't think his price is THAT out of whack. maybe 1600 or something.
people are also scared of the combo thing.
if that were a head it would probably have sold by now.

This amp will perform well if it was serviced in 2005, no doubt. I think it is more of a visual thing going on. Have you ever seen a 25 year old RED car (original paint) that has been garage kept as opposed to sitting in the weather? Both may have the same life expectancy, but one will bring much more money. Form over function. :D

How true !! Have you ever seen a garage kept black Buick GN and compared it to one in a field on blocks ?

Rob knows the deal. His stuff is museum quality, like his Jackson collection. He has the perfect selection/example
of what would be high resale amps. Exports, long chassis, hardwoods and collector condition.

Back