Is this a mkII C+??? **pix**

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85voyager

Reaction score
I can see the signature by the power cord, but can't tell if there is a + there or not.

boogie3.jpg

boogie1.jpg

boogie2.jpg

boogie4.jpg

animatedspursflag.gif

Hmmmm...

This one is a little tricky. It has what appears to be a nice big 105 transformer, like many C+'s have. It also has the signature (but you can't see the "+").

I can't make out the serial number either.

One of the main thing keeping me from saying it's not a C+ is the knob that says "Gain Boost" instead of "Pull Deep." HOWEVER, many early C+'s have the Gain Boost knob because they were many leftovers at the factory they were getting rid of at the time.

It's hard to say without seeing the serial number.

On mine, I believe the Bass knob has a pull function (where it doesn't in your pic) I can't remember because mine's at the Mesa shop right now, and the presence knob is on the back. Of course, mine's the head. There are some other members that will chime in soon, I'm sure.

I'm trying to get a better pic to see if there is a + or not. Ya'll think this is worth a grand? Here is a pic of a MKIIB I just found and the pull functions look the same. Maybe this a MKIIB? Also note this has a 15" speaker. I guess I will have to wait for a better pic or serial, but I guess since Mike Benedelli's initials are on there, he did something to it.

mkIIB.jpg

Also, It says "MB1" on top of the amp.... makes me wonder what that means... This amp is located in CA.

Thanks for the help guys!

I say not a IIC+. Where's the pull shift on the Bass knob?

It is not a Mark2B. It has black knobs, not silver knobs.

In either case, I'd take it for $1000. It is so cheap! If it's not a C+, you have Mesa upgrade it for $400 and you got yourself a 3000 dollar amp for 1400.

If it were me, I'd pass on that amp. $1K is too much for a Mark IIB, especially in that condition and without EQ or Simul-class.

BTW - That amp can not be upgraded to a C+.

Well, here it is. I was gonna bid on it, but time got away from me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280120464636&rd=1&rd=1

Elpelotero said:
It is not a Mark2B. It has black knobs, not silver knobs.

In either case, I'd take it for $1000. It is so cheap! If it's not a C+, you have Mesa upgrade it for $400 and you got yourself a 3000 dollar amp for 1400.

I don't disagree that it might sound close to a $3k C+ if he upgraded it. My guess is he would be very lucky to get his money back if he ever sold it though given the condition and lack of EQ.

I personally wouldn't pay a grand for that amp.

Back