Is this a good deal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super6

Reaction score
hello

Im in need of a bit of help as I have seen a Mesa road king 212 combo for a realy good price. Originally I was looking at the roadster but this would be an even cheaper option. :p
The only trouble is that the amp is advertised as a roadking version 2 but when I looked at the logo it doesn't have roadking II on it just Roadking. The guy has told me that it has version 2 writen on the tag but surely it would be writen on the amp?.
Also if this is the original road king would it be such a bad buy?
Hope you guys can help I just wanna make sure I get the best for my cash.

All the best

Neil

If you can get a roadking regardless of the version for less than a roadster it sounds like a good deal. Thats assuming it is in good condition.

+1 I have a RKI and love it. You really can't go wrong if you can get it at a great price. One thing though....the RK combos are HEAVY...I mean seriously HEAVY.

AustinK said:
If you can get a roadking regardless of the version for less than a roadster it sounds like a good deal. Thats assuming it is in good condition.

Ver.1? Ummm, No. The improvements to channels 1 & 2 in th RK II (also available in the Roadster) are incredible and IMO makes the Roaster >>> than RK ver 1 (despite the Progressive linkage).

That said, if a great clean channel is not important to you, then by all means go for the RK I.

The clean chanel is important to me and thats why I was a bit unsure about the amp because I heard the clean chanel on the first series absolutly sucks.
Having said that the amp is in mint condition and after hearing peoples thoughts it sounds like it would be a great buy.
Is the clean chanel realy that bad compared to the new version?

One way you can tell if it's a v1 is to look inside the chasis. v1 had a pentode/triode switch. If it doesn't have this it's a v2.

It probably is a Road King (not 2)

What is the asking price.

I have the Road King combo, and I think it is the best amp I have ever played through.

I'm sure the cleans do not hold up against the Road King II or the Roadster, but I wouldn't say they suck either. Course I don't play much clean either.

If cleans are really important to you, you might be better holding off for a Roadster.

Latest posts

Back