Is this a C+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellowdawg

Reaction score
I have an unusual Boogie. It has a serial number of 4027. The chassis is dated '79. The unusual thing is that it is a C+ in every other way as far as I can tell. It does have the + above the power chord. It does not have MB intitials, this would make sense if the date is right. It does have everything else that a C+ would have. The correct knobs and controls. Can anyone give me some info on this. I have looked up the numbers and can find only that it is listed as a C+ and a pre production model. If this is the case, I would imagine that it is quite valuable. Given that this was made four years before the first factory C+ was available to the public. BTW it is also a simulclass amp, which reportedly did not exist in '79 and it has eq and reverb. It also has the reverb jack and one other on the underside of the chassis. It also has the voltage selector for use overseas, I guess.

From the serial number you have a MK2A.

Simul class was not an option, and yours seems to have been modified. If the work is done at the factory or not is a guess. I have never heard of any 2A to 2C+ convertions to date, although there is a few 2B to 2C+ convertions out there.

However, I have a Mk2A too(4070), and if it wasn´t for some bad solder-joint or somthing like it in there (It maks a terrible scratchy noise on certain notes) it would probably be my favorite amp !

Stian
Norway

I see you have the amp on ebay-

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-II_W0QQitemZ190183462321QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190183462321

It's not a C+. It's a MKIIA as others have mentioned. It sounds like it was modified at some point.

Saw the Ebay Ad.

Heavily modified this one. It´s got at C+ front-plate, thats obvious. But if you look closely at the backplate, you can see it has got a white stripe om black bottom, as is common on Mk3, not the the silk-screened aluminum like the MK2 models have.

Would have been nice with an inside shot of this one !

Stian

More can be determined if you would open it up and take some pictures of the circuit boards. I saw your ebay auction and it is a very interesting amplifier. As others have pointed out the face plate and knobs are correct for a iic or iic+ but it is what is inside that counts. Also transformer codes would be helpful in dating any sort of modification. I for one am dying to take a peek under the hood and I would think you would want to know what it is you are selling before the auction finalizes.

Blueracer said:
More can be determined if you would open it up and take some pictures of the circuit boards. I saw your ebay auction and it is a very interesting amplifier. As others have pointed out the face plate and knobs are correct for a iic or iic+ but it is what is inside that counts. Also transformer codes would be helpful in dating any sort of modification. I for one am dying to take a peek under the hood and I would think you would want to know what it is you are selling before the auction finalizes.
^^^+1

Latest posts

Back