Is there a problem with my knob?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darran

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Happy new owner of a Mark V combo bought just yesterday.

Everything seems to be working great except the master volume on Channel 2 doesn't produce any volume whatsoever until it reaches 9 O'clock, then it just kicks in.

This doesn't happen on any of the other channels and I wondered if this is an issue.

Any advice would be appreciated.

If you really wanted, you could probably complain and they might replace it, but you'd be without the amp. I think they have messed with the taper of the pots to make it more useable - so the amp doesn't get monstrously loud by 10 o'clock on the dial with little change until 3:00.

I might just deal with it. What are your channel masters set to?

Oh, I misread, you meant the CH2 master and not the Output. I'll check my amp out in a little and let you know how she reacts.

smd24fan said:
I'll check mine too and get back to you.
Just tried it on mine. With the volume for the channel down, I played a chord and brought the volume up slowly. You can faintly hear the sound with the volume all the way down, and it definitely really kicks in around 9 o'clock. There is sound before the 9 o'clock position, it just seems to pick up faster around 9. This does not seem at all unusual to me, all three channels do it. You've got those "new amp jitters" man! You spend all that money and you just want perfection. I believe you are just fine my friend, enjoy the amp!

smd24fan said:
smd24fan said:
You've got those "new amp jitters" man! You spend all that money and you just want perfection. I believe you are just fine my friend, enjoy the amp!

You're probably right!

Thanks for your help guys.

On Ch's 2 & 3, 9 o'clock is about where the volume becomes
noticable on mine, then it increases dramatically. Never considered
it a problem, just have to increase gradually to where it mixes well.

Latest posts

Back