Is the F-50 worthed?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesaftw

Reaction score
Im looking for a recto sound, a really agressive fatt and in your face kinda tone.
I know that if i want a recto sound, then buy a recto, but i dont have the money right now, i saw a f-50 nearby and the price is really good, now i ask, the f-50 gain channel sounds like a recto? or not?
Its a good amp?. Thank you.

I used to own an F-30 and now own a Rectoverb. They're two totally different amps, in sound as well as feel and response. Although it doesn't sound like a Recto, the F-series amps are pretty awesome amps. The gain channel (with contour mode) is quite heavy and chuggy. Recto's are less compressed than the F's, so I tend to use an OD boost with my Rectoverb for playing metal. But with my F-30, I never had to use a boost. Keep the bass around 9:00-10:00 and the low end will stay nice and tight. I say go for it.

The F-50 can be a pretty aggressive amp if you want. My former bandmate had a F-50 and I had an F-30 at the time and I thought his amp was more on the Recto side of the fence while mine was on the Mark side. When I finally got a Dual Recto, I did miss the focused tight sound of the F series as well as a more straight forward layout and great loop. I would go for it! Don't be deceived by the power rating as well, His 1x12 combo easily kept up with half stacks during jamb sessions.

Latest posts

Back