Is my ext cab a Thiele or something else?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caddie

Reaction score
I own (2) 1x12 extension cabinets. Both have Boogie badges on the front, both have Mesa Boogie ID on the speaker cable jacks in back, both are closed back. I have removed the backs and looked for anything that says Thiele inside. Nothing.

Soooo... are they Thiele or other? How can I tell?
Thanks in advance.
caddie

Or is it off to the left with a rectangular port on the right? The grill mounting screws will be offset, too. On a Thiele.

Thanks for the help guys.
Both cabs have the speaker mounted in the middle. Alas, no ports aka no Thiele. I cannot say whether I have heard a Thiele or not. Huge diff or marginal diff over these simple closed back? I can understand that perhaps that port takes some of the booming lows that get lost to the back of the cab and pushes them out the front. Thus creating a thicker richer sound. Do I get that right?

But I come back to; Is it a huge diff or marginal diff over these simple closed back?
Thanks again guys.
caddie

yeah i have to say that have a 1/2 back on top of a theiel is a really impressive sound. very very big and rick and full.sounds like you have some sort of sealed boogie.a theile is ported at the front and sealed at the back. are you able to take some photos ? i am interested in seeing what you have.

sounds like you have a Recto 1x12 cab. Does it look like this?:

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w262/musicmanjp6/Recto%201x12/

These are awesome cabs! Thieles are very directional in comparison although they have more low end and a little tighter. I have two V30 loaded recto cabs and love them.

Back