Is it worth having a MKIII as well as a Lonestar?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotspine

Reaction score
just saw this and am severly tempted...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MESA-BOOGIE-MK-III-Guitar-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ7397435283QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

is there much point in having it along with the lonestar? i play anything from blues to heavy rock.. no shred :roll:

Regardless of whether the ebay is a good offer or not, I think scotspine has a good question. I've got an LSC and have wondered if a Mark IV would compliment it. Any opinions would be appreciated.

LS + MkIII/MkIV?

I don't think you'd get a whole lot of use out of the Mark's clean channel, but you'd have access to a whole lot of high gain tones you'd never get out of your LS.

screamingdaisy said:
LS + MkIII/MkIV?

I don't think you'd get a whole lot of use out of the Mark's clean channel, but you'd have access to a whole lot of high gain tones you'd never get out of your LS.

yep,

Mk series clean is good, but no match for the LS

It is a pretty different amp, so Id say it would be a good move, provided you felt the need for more complex higher gain sounds than what your LS can pull off. If not, dont bother.

Latest posts

Back