Is it safe to buy Mesa tubes @ Guitar Center?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO! support your local mom and pop stores. Wal-mart (GC) is ruining our local music heritage. Sometimes the cheapest isn't the best!

*gets off soapbox*

NO! support your local mom and pop stores. Wal-mart (GC) is ruining our local music heritage. Sometimes the cheapest isn't the best!

I prefer to go to an independent music store, as well, however, not all are Mesa dealers. Also, the prices are pretty much fixed on Mesa gear, so if there is a local shop that you can get them from, then that would be my preference. If not, hey, you get your stuff from where you can.

It would depend on my confidence that the person selling me those tubes had knowledge of what he/she was selling!

I like to support my little "2nd hand guitar" guitar stores too, but sometimes it's just easier to go to my big corporate music store walk in and grab the tubes off the shelf and get out, sometimes you save a little but it's just the convience of it all since it's closer and they always have the tubes I want where my little "2nd hand guitar" store sometimes has to order them in.

Support the little stores if you can, but don't feel guilty if you can't and don't let a pushy salesman that doesn't know a tube from a light bulb try to get you to get a "better" tube.

Thats my $.03 worth this time.

Thanks. BTW, I buy my guitars and amps at a small indie shop. But items like cables, strings, now tubes, I will buy at GC because of location. My small shop is 30 miles south of me and I am never in the area. The closer shops are filled with arogant people. GC is on my way home and I've known the guys there for years so I think my relationship with those guys is differnt than the Wal=Mart analogy but that analogy is very true in most instances!

jbird said:
It would depend on my confidence that the person selling me those tubes had knowledge of what he/she was selling!

what makes you assume that somebody at a mom and pop shop will?
From my experience, unless you are talking to the owner, odds are you are talking to a highschool kid who just needs some pocket change.

You want to buy safe?
Do your own research

Mesa Boogie prices are pretty much set (for new) for quipment'n supplies.
Support who ever give one the BEST service weither it be local, regional or national. Like some one said just make sure they or you know whats the real deal no guess work repair can be expensive!

no soul said:
jbird said:

From my experience, unless you are talking to the owner, odds are you are talking to a highschool kid who just needs some pocket change.

You want to buy safe?
Do your own research

no soul, It's quite clear in my post, I made no assumptions towards neither party! I clearly stated "the person" selling! Furthermore, your assumption that an owner has more knowledge of tubes is dumbfounded!

I was also thinking of getting a Mesa through guitar center.

However...I was going to do it through the preferred player thing, with that 12 month pay off program. I read that Mesa won't allow it. But I also read that you can get through the payment plan if you order something else.

Does anyone know anything about this?[/i]

jbird said:
no soul said:
jbird said:

You want to buy safe?
Do your own research

no soul, It's quite clear in my post, I made no assumptions towards neither party! I clearly stated "the person" selling! Furthermore, your assumption that an owner has more knowledge of tubes is dumbfounded!

no assumption made, hence "odds are"

I worked at a larger GuitarCenter with a staff of 40. Out of all those people I was the only one who had the slightest idea of what tube did what etc etc

Most folks just DONT know. I honestly wouldnt even ask, because a salesman in many cases would rather make some **** up than tell you they dont know.

Latest posts

Back