Is it ok to remove the slave pot from a mark iic+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texwest

Reaction score
I have a Boogie mark iic+ and I want to remove the slave pot and replace it with a 25k bias pot. It seems like it shouldn't be a problem. Just remove the pot and clip the wire going to the presence pot and speaker. I just want to clear it with some experts before I do it. Are there any unforeseen circumstances of doing this? Thanks ahead of time!

You can remove the slave pot without any problems, however, I would think twice about putting a bias pot outside the chassis. There might be accidents happening.

I would never put a bias pot where inquisitive hands can reach it.Or it could possibly be accidentally moved just moving the amp.Also,normal pots like the volume and tone pots arent the best for bias pots,they dont take to having dc voltage applied to them very well.Its best to use a cermet pot and place it inside the amp,out of the way.

I have removed the slave pot from my IIC+. It's not a problem at all.

I would also caution against putting in a bias pot. You could maybe (maybe) put in one of those recessed pots that require a screwdriver (instead of a pot with a knob on it), but I still don't like the idea of the bias being easy to change. If it's easy to change, it's easy to change it by mistake.

Chip

I'm with Boogiebabies on this one.

My guitar teacher in the 80's had a IIC+ that he slaved into a Roland Jazz chorus. He had a dummy load that replaced the speaker, so he could crank up the Boogie to get it nice and juicy, but at a respectable level.

My .50 Caliber has a line out, and I used to feed it into a 160W Peavey Mace that had 6 6L6GC's. :twisted: It sounds awesome through the 50/50 too.

If you aren't using it, you don't know what you are missing. :wink:

Latest posts

Back