Is it just me?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handyandy

Reaction score
Seems everyone loves chorus and delay effects on the Lonestar,
I cant get enough of the pure gritty clean tones without effects... just a hint of the Lonestars beautiful reverb and thats all!
So anybody with me or am I the only one?

I'm so totally with you. I have a pretty retro-sounding chain going, with a Wah, Vibe, Trem and a couple of boost/drive options going into the front, but no time-based effects and nothing in the loop. Loop's only engaged for the solo boost, and I have the level set at about 2:30.

I know people like their chorus, and I've been a user in the past... but I agree, whenever I hook it up I just feel like I'm Violating the Prime Directive or something. Seems to cheapen the tone, which is so sweet all by itself. I do think about adding a delay now and then for a slapback or dub-style effect, but I haven't been able to rationalize it yet. And I like that my chain is so simple now.

Yep, I agree. But it was suggested to me at a rehersal lately that some fx would be nice. I like to keep the lss simple because of the pure character of the amp, wah thats it. I have a tc g system I use for my soldano but I dont know...

Yeah I am with you. My Carl Martin Chorus emphahsises the mids and makes it sound too woody, particularly with humbuckers. So yeah same I use it with an overdrive set up to be a bit fuzzy, a distortion and a wah only. I have also stopped using the Les Paul with it, my Epiphone Dot Deluxe with Seymour Duncans kills the Les Paul through the LSS, it seems to bring out the LSS's hard to find higher mids.

Have a great 2010.

Latest posts

Back