Installation of a EVM 12L in a MarkIV Wide Body Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MereImage

Reaction score
There was a post a while ago about how to install a EVM 12L into a Mark IV wide body combo but I can't find it. Does anyone have any info on doing this?

Thanks,

Dave

I think the C90 needs only 4 screws while the EV needs 8.
You can either drill 4 more holes or choose to secure the EV with only 4 screws.

igfraso said:
...or choose to secure the EV with only 4 screws.

This may work if you are careful with it and it doesn't leave your house much or you just want to hear what it sounds like, but do NOT do what I did and ship the cab with an EV in it with only 4 screws securing it! Needless to say I had to refund the buyer's money coz the speaker stripped loose from it's screws and destroyed the cab and grill... luckily UPS covered the damages and I was able to repair it! I put 4 more screws in it while repairing...

gts said:
Pre drill the 4 new holes as suggested. Take one of the screws to a hardware store for them to match up for you (if your not sure what to buy/ use). Also ask them what drill bit size to use for pre-drilling if you're not sure.

Yep, that's exactly what i did. And the cab that I was referring to previously was a thiele cab. The EV dropped right in.

I agree. I would never secure an EV with 4 screws; it it too heavy.
When I wrote "... choose to secure...", I meant "... choose (at your own risk) to secure...".
Regards

Thanks all for the replies. If I recall correctly, there was an issue with the reverb tank when installing the EV. The reverb tank needs to be removed do to space constraints in the cabinet. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Dave

MereImage said:
Thanks all for the replies. If I recall correctly, there was an issue with the reverb tank when installing the EV. The reverb tank needs to be removed do to space constraints in the cabinet. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Dave

I think this applies if you try to rear muont the EV. The hole that I was speaking of earlier is the one in the grille, not the baffle board(mounting surface). The hole in the grille might not fit over the O.D. of the cast frame EVM. :?:

In my Mk. III, the main issue was that if you don't rotate the EV just right, it will hit one or more of the preamp tubes. The hole was big enough, though it was a snug fit.

Latest posts

Back