Input overload when using wah pedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomason

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this?

My signal chain is:
G&L ASAT -> MC404 WAH -> Mark V (channel 1, clean, bold off)

The sound starts to break up when I put my heel down on the wah. It seems the only way to make it not happen is to lower the volume on the guitar. Is the input on channel 1 especially sensitive to filtered tones?

I know the problem is not in the pedal because I also use the pedal with my Fender Twin and don't have any problems. I also tested my Mark V with a stock Crybaby and noticed some distortion with the heel down as well.

i'm having same problem too. I adjusted the Q-trim pot to the level that it doesn't breakout.
I didn't test it with other amp yet. I'm interested to know how others do with their CAE wah too.

I've gotten an overloaded input type sound when pounding the open E string on my Les Paul. No wah pedal required. Never really knew what it was until I read this thread and figured we were experiencing the same thing.

My solution thus far has been to not pound the E string quite as hard on the clean channel, but I'm open to other solutions.

i experience the same thing with my les paul, but i notice a few things, it only happens in the bridge pickup, also when im not using the bold option goes away, and also if i bypass the fx loop goes away, and the last thing, if i open the master and lower the pre, considerably does not go away fully, but at least not noticeable, and one last thing if you lower a little the pickup also goes away, y use my les paul with 11-54 standard tunning, i used a couple of months ago with 10-52, and with the lighter gauge did not happen this.
im really seeking now a new pickup, kinda cleaner but meaner with the OD, but this tricks worked for me.

Dre.

Latest posts

Back