Improving my tone/sound - Advice needed - SAMPLES!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfft!!

Reaction score
Hi! I’ll keep it short and simple. I want to improve my Direct Recording sound. Why not use a mic? Micing a Rivera 4x10 powered by a Mesa/Boogie 2:Fifty would be too loud for an apartment and I dont want to drag my cab back and forth. Basically Im looking for any advice on preamp/effect/compressor/equalizer! settings that would help.

Gear Im using: ADA MP-1 Voodoo Mod preamp and TC G-major --> H&K RedBox cabinet simulator --> M-Audio FW410 soundcard. Guitar: Ibanez RG 1527 with Dimarzios.

Current samples: http://www.zone.ee/upload88/tonetest/

Comments on the samples: the 4x12/combo stands for the little switch on the RedBox that simulates either of two. Imo the bass on the 4x12 is too vague and the hi-s are crap. Redbox_dist_combo is I think closest to what I want to achieve... still the same problem with the hi-s. Too much in a hole or something  Dont pay much attention to the riffs themselves ... random playing. I think the cleansound is quite ok .. so focus on the distorted clips.

Thanks in advance

... and I noticed that this was my first post here in this forum that wasnt "buying/selling" related, so a "hello" from me :)

Latest posts

Back