I'm REALLY suprised at what the Electra Dyne is doing.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyeo1

Reaction score
It's beating out amps that it has no right beating out. At least for me. The latest victim is a Diezel Einstein. Yup, you heard right. To be honest though, I'm using a Barber Burn Unit to pump the Electra Dyne into the higher gain realm. While the Einstein is a good amp, i feel the Electra Dyne sounds better. But at loud volumes it's no contest, the ED sounds better and better loud while the Diezel does not sound better louder, it actually sounds better at lower volumes.

For me it's feel, the ED sounds tighter and crisper, the Einstein has a little compressed feel going on and while the ED can sound crisp, it still has that chest pounding bottom end. There's a lot of guys i know that overlook the Mesa, but at what i bought it for it's the best bang i ever got for my money.

I know for whatever reason some avoid OD pedals, but the ED takes them like a champ and a good OD pedal really turns this amp into a fire breather.

When you get up to amps in this league, I don't think you can really do better. It just comes down to what you like better, or what features you want.

I have not played the Einstein, but from what I can tell it uses El34 tubes ? If that is right, then you are probably hearing 6L6 vs El34. Your description is pretty close to what I hear from the ED and all the things I love about it, very dynamic and uncompressed, tight and crisp. The ED does overdrive very well and responds great to boosting the front.

El34 tubes to me tend to sound more compressed, have a hazzy smokey mid/upper mid quality, slightly looser bass.

The ED has become my all time favorite amp and what I have yet to see any other amp do is get such a great American clean tone and then jump stright into Brit gain. Can it get any better than the ED 8)

Only had my ED for a couple of weeks. Also have a couple of very nice hand built Aussie combos. A Reynolds JFR25 & an Ulbrick Verbovibe 30, both 1 x 12's. They are great amps in their own right but I am just amazed at the clarity and punch of my ED. Love the reverb too, a very classy bit of amp Engineering in my view. Just love it.

el_1__49886_zoom1.jpg

Here she is.

6bentstrings said:
Only had my ED for a couple of weeks. Also have a couple of very nice hand built Aussie combos. A Reynolds JFR25 & an Ulbrick Verbovibe 30, both 1 x 12's. They are great amps in their own right but I am just amazed at the clarity and punch of my ED. Love the reverb too, a very classy bit of amp Engineering in my view. Just love it.

el_1__49886_zoom1.jpg

Here she is.

wow, I think I just drooled on myself lol!

danyeo1:

I am very glad your ED is working great for you. It is a fine amp.
For me......I still own my Diezel Einstein......sold my ED a few months ago. I don't miss the ED at all, but to each their own. :wink:

MBJunkie said:
danyeo1:

I am very glad your ED is working great for you. It is a fine amp.
For me......I still own my Diezel Einstein......sold my ED a few months ago. I don't miss the ED at all, but to each their own. :wink:

Do you need a 2nd one? :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230583250057&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

LOL :D

Seriously.....Maybe, but probably not.

I typically prefer combo amps in general. My Einstein is the 1x12 combo (50W) which has the Tubelit Reverb Roadie channel 1 mod. Personally, I find the Mega mode of Ch1 to be the absolute best Marshall crunch sound of any of my amps....just incredible!! I also love the "Texas Mode" in Ch1 and the Clean Mode offers a surpringly nice "clean" sound from an amp with EL34's.

Most importantly, it is really nice to have the completely independent Ch2 for exceptional lead tones with the Einstein! Awesome lead tones from the amp stock, in my opinion.

Are you the original owner of your Einstein? What cab(s) were you playing it through during your comparison? To each their own....really just curious?

MBJunkie said:
LOL :D

Seriously.....Maybe, but probably not.

I typically prefer combo amps in general. My Einstein is the 1x12 combo (50W) which has the Tubelit Reverb Roadie channel 1 mod. Personally, I find the Mega mode of Ch1 to be the absolute best Marshall crunch sound of any of my amps....just incredible!! I also love the "Texas Mode" in Ch1 and the Clean Mode offers a surpringly nice "clean" sound from an amp with EL34's.

Most importantly, it is really nice to have the completely independent Ch2 for exceptional lead tones with the Einstein! Awesome lead tones from the amp stock, in my opinion.

Are you the original owner of your Einstein? What cab(s) were you playing it through during your comparison? To each their own....really just curious?

No, I only picked it up last week, played it on a Port City OS2x12 loaded with Scumback speakers. After a few days i know it's not for me, IMHO with the right OD pedal I'm finding the Electra Dyne can do anything the Einstein can but it sounds a little more clear to me, probably because of the 6l6's.. And even if someone liked the Einstein more, from what i can tell it's pretty damm close and my Electra Dyne cost me less than $1,000.

Wow, you got your ED for less than $1000. That is a great deal. Enjoy!

JOEY B. said:
danyeo1 said:
No, I only picked it up last week, played it on a Port City OS2x12 loaded with Scumback speakers.

I also use a ported 2x12 with my Electradyne. Which model Scumbacks are you using?

M75/J75. But I'm moving back to Celestions. My Scumback investigation is concluded. :lol:

Latest posts

Back