I'm Getting My FX Loop Mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjrake

Reaction score
tomorrow i'm taking in my dual rectifier 3ch head to mod the FX loop to series. i'm running a rocktron xpression through it and was suggested i mod the loop.

the problem is that i will lose the solo option and the loop will always be on. i guess that's okay. the tech also told me that if i ever wanted to sell the amp in the future he can put it back to parallel so that's cool.

i'm just a little nervous; never had any work done on my amp so i hope everything goes well.

Is there no way to do the mod with a switch ? i.e. add a series/parallel switch that you can toggle depending on your needs on a given day ? I have a T-Verb with a parallel loop and its causing me grief with digital effects.

my amp guy never suggested and i didn't think of it actually.

still haven't done it yet. but will soon. i'll bring it up to him.

Hey guys, Im a little confused about this.. wouldn't you just turn the knob on the Mesa to 100% wet? then that would eleminate any DRY signal from the preamp from bypassing the loop.. Thus making it series? The PDF manual on Mesa's website mentions a series/parallel toggle switch but my 3ch recto doesnt have one... maybe newer models?

Russ said:
Let us know how you like the Serial mod.

russ,

i just dropped off the amp and it should be ready this friday. i'll hook it up to the xpression and we'll see how it runs.

got my amp today and the verdict is: awesome!!!

but the xpression unit is just not for me :( i tried and i tried, but i need knobs to dial in my sound so therefore back to pedals.

i tried all my pedals through the FX now and it sounds killer! couldn't spend too much time cause the band wanted to rehearse but i will go in this weekend and just lock myself in the studio until i'm happy with my setup.

can you still control the FX loop with the footswitch? what about the Solo boost and master volume? were they effected? The guy didnt happen to tell what he actually did inside the amp did he?

brandon9271 said:
can you still control the FX loop with the footswitch? what about the Solo boost and master volume? were they effected? The guy didnt happen to tell what he actually did inside the amp did he?

the master volume still works and i can control the FX loop with the footswitch, however the solo boost is gone (never used it anyway). he gave me a schematics of what he did. he mod a couple of mesa's before me. he also said he can reverse the mod back to parallel if i ever want to sell the amp.

overall, i'm very happy with my mod and his work. he has done some stuff before, including sealing the back cab of my marshall 1960B and it sounds killer!!! i've gotten so many compliments and every time i do i give them a business card. his site is http://www.nyampworks.com. you can email him if you have any questions.

that's cool, I'm thinking of doing that with mine. I could live without the volume boost since there are ways around that with a series loop. Just wanted to make sure though, you can still toggle the fx loop in and out of the signal with the mesa footswitch right?

Also, if for some show or gig you are not using your effects loop, can you still have the option of switching the loop to bypass ("bypass loop")? I guess in theory that may not make much of a difference...just curious.

So does anyone have these schematics? I'm probably going to mod my 3ch DR to serial loop, and it would be cool to keep the FX loop on/off switching.

Latest posts

Back