IM GETTING A MARK IV!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackmesa

Reaction score
i went to guitar center yesterday and i found a mark IV buried amongst a bunch of other stuff. to my amazement, it was in perfect condition, and if that weren't enough, it was going for $1350, i see them going for like 2000. anyway i'm really happy about that, anyway, i always get new tubes for new amps, any suggestions?

Sweeeeeeeet.

Enjoy, read the manual very carefully.

I have tried JJ 6L6's and GT 6L6GE's and the GT's are amazing to my ears, tons of headroom. The JJ's just seem cold in comparison.

so which is the best for a dirty metal sound, of course i want to have a decent clean, but im more concerned about the distortion. so yea what would i want for high gain?

blackmesa said:
i went to guitar center yesterday and i found a mark IV buried amongst a bunch of other stuff. to my amazement, it was in perfect condition, and if that weren't enough, it was going for $1350, i see them going for like 2000. anyway i'm really happy about that, anyway, i always get new tubes for new amps, any suggestions?

I recently got a Mark also. I purchased a standard 6l6 retube kit from www.eurotubes.com They were JJ's No problems.... I think the kit cost about 100 including shipping charges.

my theology on retubes came from my stiletto experience. I went to guitar center, played a stiletto and fell in love. and I would come in like every two weeks and play it and love it. then when guitar center was blowin em out at like 795 each, I picked up a deuce. when it came time for a retube, I wanted the amp I fell in love with at the store. so I put the same tubes it came with: the mesas

Back