I'm back. NAD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been tempted by it a few a times. But I had a buddy who got one, finished his recording project and got rid of it. Said it just had brittle digital sound that could not be dialed out. Saw another guy on craigslist here in Toronto selling his entire Axe rig just to buy back a Mark V. Combining would be cool, but there are a lot of effects in the M13 that aren't offered anywhere else, so I'd be looking at a rig that was way beyond my needs.

The Axe is good and it's a great tool. But in addition to being 90% of the way to sounding like the amps it simulates it's also only 90% of way there in terms of sounding like a real amp.

I think what ever company can create:
Axe level quality of amp and cab simulation with effects
Actual amp ease of use
Actual tubes in the amp
Affordable FRFR type cabinets

Will get a bunch of people jumping ship. Myself included.

theroan said:
Saw another guy on craigslist here in Toronto selling his entire Axe rig just to buy back a Mark V.

I believe that was me. Axe + behringer FCB1010 + midi/usb interface is sold already. QSC K12 is on the block.

theroan said:
I've been tempted by it a few a times. But I had a buddy who got one, finished his recording project and got rid of it. Said it just had brittle digital sound that could not be dialed out. Saw another guy on craigslist here in Toronto selling his entire Axe rig just to buy back a Mark V. Combining would be cool, but there are a lot of effects in the M13 that aren't offered anywhere else, so I'd be looking at a rig that was way beyond my needs.

That was my thing. I was very tempted to get one for awhile, even if it was just so I could patch it in with my Mark V as a multi-effect, but truthfully I just don't want that many sounds so spending $2000 on what would become a glorified chorus and delay seemed like a waste of money.

Totes, with a Mark V covering Fender, Boogie and faux Marhsall and my Rebel 30 covers Vox and Vintage Fender sounds, I would only use the Axe for effects. But I love the Verbzilla sounds, so then it's just delays. $2000 grand for delays + all the extra midi BS, I don't think so.

Back