Im a new Mark III Blue Stripe owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EOengineer

Reaction score
I am pleased to become a new Mark Series amp owner. I've owned an early 90s rectifier, and a studio pre (both sold), and new immediately after getting the studio pre that the Mark series was a much better choice for me. Sold off the rectifier, and eventually sold the studio pre to finance getting the mark amp.

I just sent payment on a late 80s blue stripe simul class combo that appears to be in amazing shape, and I got it for a steal at $700 shipped.

I don't know how to post pics here, but here is the original posting. I should receive it next week.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/msg/2614144530.html

I was super psyched to stumble upon a blue stripe, as I know it's one of the models that had some changes made to try to home in on that C+ magic. Wish me luck!!

nice! that's a really good deal! looks clean.

did you surf all the CL sites to find it, or did you use a mash up site that will search all CL in one shot?

scott

I'm almost ashamed to admit I had been scanning all metro areas using one of the free craigslist iPhone apps. I had some real nice amps slip by, I had been trying to locate a red stripe to get me a bit closer to the more vocal mark II sounds, but I couldn't pass this one up once the seller offered to come down.

I haven't owned a combo in 10 years, it's a welcomed change, and will provide ample hours of my wife wanting to murder me for running a 70s plexi and mark III in stereo in the living room.

Any blue strikers floating around out here? I've heard that the presence control on these guys gets a bit bright in comparison with a mark II, and I'm wondering how that's going to play out for me.

I used to run a triaxis, and was sure I would use lead 2 yellow(C+) as my main tone, but ended up using a whole lot of the lead 2 red instead. I believe that was more of a mark III tone, and was a bit brighter and more articulate. This could be a blessing. I guess I could always just send a studio pre into the effects return if I absolutely needed that smoother mark II tone.

Either way, I'm stoked...and probably on my way to a divorce.

Hey man - welcome to the club, and congrats on the purchase of the Mark III blue stripe! Tastey choice of an amp.
3.gif

havent played any of the other stripes. Im perfectly content with what the blue stripe offers. tasty indeed.

Back