IIC+ question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk19

Reaction score
I have the change to buy a second IIC+. Mine is a 60 watt combo with ev, no eq no reverb. This one has reverb and simul class and is hardwood combo with ev will the sound be even better with this one?

not so much the reverb, but the simul-class will let you experiment with el34's and 6l6's at the same time. and you can always drop into class A mode as well. i'd recommend getting an EQ pedal to really bring the beast alive.

A problem you may have with the reverb is due to using an EQ in the loop and boosting the signal to the master volume. This would basically make your reverb way more potent in the preamp and sound too involved with the tone. It gets really "Surf" like when it's being pushed. The built in graphic takes it's signal off the master volume and feeds a buffered level to the V5A side of the phase inverter so the reverb is not boosted. With the stock graphic, the biggest effect to the reverb is higher master volume settings. It does not get "Surf" like, but does increase in the mix.
The stock graphic and the reverb complement each other very well, even with high gain applications. For non-eq owners, you may try lowering, or running flat so the boost level on the EQ's output is in unity with the master volume. If your loop is really sensitive and still puts too much reverb to the mix, just start learning "Miserlou" and join a Dick Dale tribute band.

Back