IIC+ power transformer upgrade

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowman3000

Reaction score
Here we go again...Soon or later i'll be back again in Italy..And i was really thinking of upgrading on of mine IIC+ with a new power transformer. Do you suggest me to go for a custom made Heyboer power t. or just an external step-down transformer?
Guys at Heyboer said they could do a double selectable primary (117 or 220). How would it affect the tone? how knows....... :roll:

p.s. i f***in love IIC+!

Boogiebabies said:
Did you get the specs for the Export tranny from Schumacher?
I would get them to build an exact replica. They have a reputation for making superior transformers.

No...they were a little pissed of... =/ But, as you know, i have 105 specs i would only want them to modify the primary of 105 clone so i can have a switch (117-220). You think will it be right?

Boogiebabies said:
What were they pissed about?

Because of my requests of going through tons of old mesa prints... :cry: :oops:

P.S. AAAAALL RIGHT!!! Now i've got a great avatar too.

Boogiebabies said:
Prints, you bastage, you have prints?

Where are my copies?

Tell them to stop crying, give them a tissue and then build the transformer.

No they didn't send me the prints...They sent me what you've got.. I'll try to get specs-voltages of the export PT. So should i go for Heyboer or Schumacher? One PT from Schumacher would be really expensive becouse they don't make them anymore so they'd have to power up all the old machines..

Boogiebabies said:
NP,

How about Mercury Magnetics?

Everyone raves about them.

I have no idea...any suggestion? Heyboer?...M.Magnetics? :?:

By the way here's what guys at Schumacher replied this morning: "I am sorry, but I could not find any records on this part. It was withdrawn from our file."

I had Mercury Magnetics custom build and clone some transformers for me in the past. The clones were dead on and sounded amazing. I must say that I never had a Mesa transformer cloned though. They are getting expensive these days but their build quality is excellent and are wonderful to deal with. Call or e-mail and deal with Paul. He is the man out there. I hope this helps.

"When.... the ......moon hits your eye like a big-a pizza pie that's amore`"!

Latest posts

Back