IIC+ not simul vs Blue Stripe III with simul?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cander328

Reaction score
I have both and am torn about which to keep. I am mostly playing blues and jazz (no metal) and have the III with EL-34s in addition to the 6L6s. Both have EQ and Reverb. The IIC+ is a hardwood head with 2 hardwood theiles with EV12Ls and the III is a combo in black tolex with an extension cab and both with MC-90s. I know I should probably keep both but I have way too many amps! I am actually moving more towards using pedals and my Fenders lately.

Which would you keep and why?

OK, let’s ignore the tone issues and look at it from another perspective. MKIII blue stripes probably have the most occurrences on eBay, both here in the UK and the US. I don’t think you will find it hard to pick another one up. In fact there are two listed on the US site at the moment, a head and a combo. That’s definitely not the case for the MK2c+, especially those hardwood thieles.
Actually, ignore that, get rid of that hardwood nonsense – I’ll take them off your hands :wink:
Good luck, Ian

Nah, keep them in the states. I'll hold them for you until you want them back. Nothing like Southern California weather to preserve things well. Think about it, seriously. Look at the cars, the vegetation, and the women... I won't even play them... :twisted: :lol:

Seriously though, if you don't want to play them now. Put them away to play later. Just remember to play them once in a while so they won't need as much maintenance once they come out of mothballs. I think I could handle those duties. Send them out here... :wink:

Good points! I am sure the wood would like the warm and humid weather better than the single digit weather we are experiencing in Boston today!

Just sold my Mark III. :cry: It just did not make sense to keep it along with my other amps and I am thinking about adding a Fuchs TDS or Two Rock Emerald Pro to my collection. Thanks for the input.

Back