II C+ shots

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is of any interrest to you, this is the place where I will have to buy parts. They have an english language section as well.
http://www.elfa.se/en/
Take a look if you like.

your annoying wannabe amptech

Mr T.

tony777 said:
If it is of any interrest to you, this is the place where I will have to buy parts. They have an engligh language section as well.
http://www.elfa.se/en/
Take a look if you like.

your annoying wannabe amptech

Mr T.

67-086-06 or 67-792-92. The highest rated is 67-690-46 .

tony777 said:
But, when I run the preamp section from the SC, into the power section of the 60w, it sounds even better, so it has to be in the power section of the SC where the sound is getting duller.
With duller I mean less clarity, less juice, and definition.

Kind Regards
Tony

This could just be the diff between the simul and non-simul versions and there is nothing actually wrong with the simul amp. I found the same as you when I compared my 2 IIC+ amps .. one the simul and the other a non-simul 60/100 watter. There was a blurriness with the simul .. still GREAT mind you, and i would never have noticed this characteristic difference had I not had both to campare side by side. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that sound, just that my preference was with the clarity of the non simul one.

Connect the red lead of the miliammeter to the OT center tap(red wire coming from the OT) the black lead goes to pin 3 of one of your power tubes.This will tell you what current is going thru that side of the OT.If you have 4 power tubes divide by 2 to get the ma going thru one tube.If you are dealing with the 60watt it has only 2 power tubes the measurement is what one tube is drawing.No need to solder the 1ohm res.from pin 8 to ground.

As far as changing caps-the bias caps arent going to affect the tone so much as changing the power filters will.Bias caps arent subject to much current so they wont tend to wear out nearly as fast as the power caps,so I wouldnt expect any change in tone with the new bias caps.

Latest posts

Back