If you use a PRS and a DR 3ch whats your setting?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyNoise

Reaction score
I'm going to be setting up my rig this weekend to dial in a good sound. The band has this weekend off. SO, I wa swondering about some good settings on the clean and modern channels when using your PRS CE or CU's? We're hard rock cover band.
Any suggetsions?

PRS Singlecut into my Mesa Dual Recto into a Mesa Standard 4x12

Channel 3 VINTAGE (much better mode than modern)

Bold, Tube Recitifer, Loop bypassed

All in o'clock settings
Presense: 1:30-2
Master: 11:30
Gain: 12:30
Bass: 9:00
Mids: 1:30
Treble: 1:00

My settings are for the tone I like to hear! Why would'nt you try to achieve some settings on your own, for the tone you'd like to hear? Please, be original! :wink:

Well i imagine from his post that he has tones he likes in his band and is using the spare time to try out other users settings to see what happens which is why he posted the topic?

:?

DirtyNoise said:
I'm going to be setting up my rig this weekend to dial in a good sound. Any suggetsions?
So he's got tones he likes in his band? Yet, he's going to be setting up his rig this weekend to dial in a good sound? And your suggestion was? I thought the advise of using your own eyes and ears to dial in a good sound was > sound advise! :cry: :?

I am happy with the tones I have ben using in the band. BUT I am custom to SeyDuns 2/4 that were in most of my other guitars. The PRS will be my primary axe and the SL1 Jackson with SD's by the way will be for the Drop "D".
I know I can dial in something that I'll like BUT I like to see or hear rather what others use and compare as well. And or tweak what others have used for that matter.
Anyway, i didn't get a chance this weekend to do anything anyway. But thanks Ibanez4life. I don't think that the modern channel..once dialed in will be sweet for both different pups in each guitar. So i will try to dial one channel in for the PRS and another for the Jackson.
By the way , thanks to whomever recommended me to try a PRS. My CE-24 is hands down the easiest, tied for SL1 speed, neck I've played. I am enjoying this giutar more than anything!!!

Back