If you live in NYC and need your MESA worked on

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seth155

Reaction score
ship it to Monsta-Tone
cuz you'll get ripped off if you go to anybody in nyc
i have experience being ripped off by 2 Mesa-Certified Tech Centers

Who did you use in NYC? I've used one right near my house and he was great.

it wasn't stokes, and i'm not naming names
Mesa got 2 voice-mails from me regarding these places
but to make a long story short:

amp went south
took it to one tech who charged me $120-bench fee and told me everything is working properly, INCLUDING ALL THE LDRs
he didn't even plug a guitar into the amp so i could show him what the problem was. and he told me that he checked everything, and it was all working properly, and the problem i was describing with the amp was the way it was supposed to work.

took it to a second place. they wouldn't let me plug in a guitar to show them the problem. only took my verbal description
they took the amp from me. got it back 1 week later, paid about $180.
they wouldn't let me plug in a guitar to check it out
they didn't tell me what they did to the amp.
unfortunately at the time, i didn't have a guitar to plug into the amp
and i don't have any friends with guitars... don't really have any friends in the first place, but that's an issue for my therapist.
when i finally did get a guitar a number of months later, the amp was the same as when i brought it in

then i send it to New Mexico to Monsta-Tone.
http://www.amps-tubes.com/
he sends me an email saying that i need new capacitors AND NEW LDRs!?!?!

i've already called Mesa Boogie and left 2 extremely pissed-off messages regarding these 2 place in NYC
its already been a long time since i took my amp to these 2 places in NYC, so i don't know if i can get my money back from them

god i hate Hate HATE this EFF'ING city i HATE NYC
actually, human language cant define my feelings for this city.
almost had to get into a bar fight with some d-bag who decided to say something cute to me last night

seth155 said:
it wasn't stokes, and i'm not naming names
Mesa got 2 voice-mails from me regarding these places
but to make a long story short:

amp went south
took it to one tech who charged me $120-bench fee and told me everything is working properly, INCLUDING ALL THE LDRs
he didn't even plug a guitar into the amp so i could show him what the problem was. and he told me that he checked everything, and it was all working properly, and the problem i was describing with the amp was the way it was supposed to work.

took it to a second place. they wouldn't let me plug in a guitar to show them the problem. only took my verbal description
they took the amp from me. got it back 1 week later, paid about $180.
they wouldn't let me plug in a guitar to check it out
they didn't tell me what they did to the amp.
unfortunately at the time, i didn't have a guitar to plug into the amp
and i don't have any friends with guitars... don't really have any friends in the first place, but that's an issue for my therapist.
when i finally did get a guitar a number of months later, the amp was the same as when i brought it in

i've already called Mesa Boogie and left 2 extremely pissed-off messages regarding these 2 place in NYC
its already been a long time since i took my amp to these 2 places in NYC, so i don't know if i can get my money back from them

almost had to get into a bar fight with some d-bag who decided to say something cute to me last night

Wow, man..sorry to hear of the issues you had. That really does suck! Yeah, NYC wouldn't be a place for me and I can barely visit it often, and that's only for gigs. Come on upstate wheres its less stressful and laid back...where less chances of blugeoning someone.

All the Best,
~Nep~

seth155 said:
I hear ya! That's why I escaped in 1991 after 32 years of the BS. Couldn't take it anymore :evil:

So we're blaming the techs because they're NYC techs and NYC sucks and so that means the techs suck too?

That's bullshit.

There are assholes all over the world.

CudBucket said:
So we're blaming the techs because they're NYC techs and NYC sucks and so that means the techs suck too?

That's bullshit.

There are assholes all over the world.
Maybe so, but there's a certain cold, indifferent F.U. in the NYC a-holes that makes them especially irritating. There are also some extraordinary people there, but the a-hole concentration can make it a very difficult place to live or visit.

dodger916 said:
Maybe so, but there's a certain cold, indifferent F.U. in the NYC a-holes that makes them especially irritating. There are also some extraordinary people there, but the a-hole concentration can make it a very difficult place to live or visit.

I've run into assholes in places like PA, FL and Italy. They're all over the place.

seth155 said:
<rant of poor M/B Authorized Service Centers in NYC (2)> ... <but>
<more rant>
So moral to these incident, Monsta-Tone is D'Man!

:mrgreen: Awe Shucks! :mrgreen:

Haven't gotten the LDR's in yet, so I can't officially say that it's fixed, but they were definitely part of the issue. They were switching, but not turning on enough.

As for A-Holes, I think NM has a butt-load (pun intended!) here too, but there are some really good people here as well.
As for all time biggest A-Holes, the biggest one I ever met came from Boston. Nothing against the other people (good people) that I know from MA, but this guy was a real Masshole!

I'll post what I found when I'm done. I think the major issue is that most "Techs" are not guitar players. They just send a signal down the lines and see if it comes out the other end. That's not really what we have tube amps for. If I wanted an exact replica of my guitar's tone, I would just plug into the PA.

CudBucket said:
dodger916 said:

I've run into assholes in places like PA, FL and Italy. They're all over the place.
Many transplanted New Yorkers in PA and FL.

I think this thread is giving New Yorkers a pretty bad rap. While I agree A$$holes can be found everywhere, New Yorkers can be some of the best people.

Mongo1 said:
I think this thread is giving New Yorkers a pretty bad rap. While I agree A$$holes can be found everywhere, New Yorkers can be some of the best people.

Very true! :wink:

Not saying that there aren't any good folks in the city ( I know quite a few ), but
the further upstate you go, the more mellow the folks are due to the more laid back atmosphere.

I think its kind of funny whenever I'm on the road ( or on a trip ) down south or out west and I tell folks that I'm from New York and they just assume I'm from NYC. Its weird that some people just associate NYC with the whole state. :lol:

..and yet there is more country side in New York then there is city.

All the Best,
~Nep~

Back