If you had to choose 1 amp, what would it be?????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moot said:
At first I wished it had come with reverb, but I no longer miss it. It forced me to clean up my playing.

So, yeah... My one amp would be the Stiletto Ace.

I'm new to Mesa Boogie and just got a Stiletto Deuce. I noticed today: man, I really hear how I'm making mistakes. I rarely hear them on my Marshall amps, but my Stiletto picks up everything. It sounds sweet as hell, but now I need to play better!

BTW, could anyone suggest a quality reverb pedal? I really do need it; some songs I play just don't sound right without reverb.

Put a decent analog delay and a reverb unit in the loop and you won't believe what that deuce will sound like.

Might wanna try somthing like a G Major

I'm just using Boss stuff right now but upgrading is my next step.

I already own them: Mark IIC+ combo and the mighty mighty Road King II. These amps cover it all!!

rizboog said:
I already own them: Mark IIC+ combo and the mighty mighty Road King II. These amps cover it all!!

What part of choose one amp do you not understand? This goes for some others on this thread. I'm sorry, but its not hard to count to ONE.

My 3 channel Dual Recto. All I have to do is change cabs or guitars for completely different sounds, and can cover any ground I've ever had to in any band I've been in and any studio work I've done. The Maverick would be a very, very, very close second, and I could just shove it in a rack and call it an eq or something :D

visualrocker69 said:
What part of choose one amp do you not understand? This goes for some others on this thread. I'm sorry, but its not hard to count to ONE.

I agree, but it's not fair. It's like a thief breaks into your house rounds up your wife and children, puts a gun to your head and says... "which one lives?"

I yell out "The Road King!"...

MetalMatt said:
visualrocker69 said:

I agree, but it's not fair. It's like a thief breaks into your house rounds up your wife and children, puts a gun to your head and says... "which one lives?"

HAHA- "Take the woman and children, just please, don't touch my amps!!!"

I honestly couldn't choose just one. Too many awesome amps out there... and they all provide their own characteristics.

I just picked up a Furman PQ3 and I never realized how amazing that parametric eq is. It brings any amp to life. So I would say, an EQ is mandatory in my rig set up.

MetalMatt said:
visualrocker69 said:

That is the funniest thing I've seen on here in a long time!

I don't have an answer, still looking.

Monsta-Tone said:
If you had to choose only 1 amp that would last you a lifetime, what would it be???? Why???

Well I think I've done that, but I would have to say 2 amps is the minimum for a lifetime. :wink: Unless you can live with crappy modeling tone.

The Soldano SLO-100 is an awesome all-rounder. But for traditional Fender-like power-tube-distortion blues tones, I have to choose the 07+ Mesa Lone Star.

I love both these amps and I may be set for life.... finally. :lol:

Latest posts

Back