If you had to choose 1 amp, what would it be?????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd go with my Stiletto Ace. I can get almost every tone I look for out of it.
Sure, the "fender cleans" aren't quite there, but I've found a few tones that come close(ish). I can get a great Jazz tone of my Ace, and it can cop pretty-well any "higher-gain" tones, from Marshall through Vox. It can get way more aggressive, but that's territory I rarely wander into, other than for fun.

I've never, ever need more than the 50 watts the Ace puts out. The Slave out sounds really quite good - better than most mike set-ups.

At first I wished it had come with reverb, but I no longer miss it. It forced me to clean up my playing.

So, yeah... My one amp would be the Stiletto Ace.

Custom Audio Electronics OD-100+ SE. Beautiful Fender-based clean channel. The lead channel is somewhere between Soldano and Bogner. It's definately Marshall territory but with the clarity of Mesa. Both channels have boost modes. Plus it looks wonderfully simple and unassuming. None of that commercial marketing bullshit other companies engage in.

Either a Diezel VH4 or a Mesa RK II. 4 channels for flexibility, and high gain goodness. A final tone test between the two would determine it (as I have only heard about these amps, and haven't played through them.)

-AJH

the amp's i already have are the best but if i had to choose something else it would be a fuchs ODS 100 or a road king II..my MK IIC+ And IV is the best.

Mesa Mark IV - Snakeskin white... Oh wait I already have that XD XD XD XD
Maybe a Mark V???

Come on,thats easy..
RKI all the way!
Tweak it and you can have every tone at your finger tips!!!

Too many to choose from. That's why I posted the question.

I love my Blue Angel, but have my heart set on an LSS.

I love my DC's but have my heart set on a Tremoverb.

**** gassssss.......

I'm biased (fixed some might say), but for me it would be the LSS. A lot of tweaking to get the right sound, but once you do...

That said, it needs retubing - the stock Mesa tubes don't do it justice IMHO. There are plenty of NOS and new alternatives.

After a lot of thinkin, it would have to be my new Dual Rec. I can get all the sounds from my LSC, and I don't have to use a boost pedal for Leads..Not that I should be doing any.

After owning something like 30 amps of all types and manufacturers I can honestly say my Trem-O-Verb is it. I know there are amps with better clean tones, better British tones, heavier distortion, etc. but I have yet to want a tone I CAN'T get with the T-Verb, and I play everything from country, blues, jazz, surf, classic rock, hard rock, shred metal, and fusion. 8)

To do what?

For both High Gain and Crunch I hope my Mark III lasts till I'm dead! :twisted:

For clean tones my Custom designed Bluewater Ampworks 25 watt Carondelet is perfection. :)

I'll get no love for this, but it's my Siegmund Midnight Blues Breaker head, awesome for crafting original tones. www.siegmundguitars.com, an amp of the year award for **** good reason. Don't need to sound like anyone else. Don't need to follow any herd. My much tweaked Maverick gets tone compliments every time I play out with it, but the Siegmund is flat out amazing. The more you know about tube theory and the better your preamp, rectifier, and power tube collection is variety and quality wise the more advantage you have with that particular amp.

Latest posts

Back