Ibanez JS1000 with Boogie Express 5:25/5:50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rudee

Reaction score
Any high-end Ibanez JS owners have any opinions on the tones they are getting with the new Express series of amps. Wondering how this amp will pair up with my JS1000.

Never played through an Express but I have used my JS1000 with three different Boogie amps.

1) Mark IV: Absolutely blistering on the lead channels with the FRED engaged. Didn't do much riffing (it wasn't my amp), but riffing would sound good with the p/u's in the middle or bridge position (the PAF pro in the neck tends to get muddy on its own).

2) Roadster: I owned this amp for a while. Sparkled in the clean channels...but I never found that the recto crunch matched well for this guitar. The JS p/u's are designed to be very "open" sounding, which never mixed well with the recto...in my opinion.

3) Stiletto Deuce II: I currently own this amp. Best all around match for all p/u positions of the guitar with all channels and modes on the amplifier. Riffing sounds good and the leads smoke.

Hopefully this is of some help. I never found the JS guitars to have a great bass response for heavy metal riffing..it always sounds a little thin, so keep this in mind when you're playing the amp. You may need a more focused p/u in the neck position to help out with this.

I don't have an Ibanez JS guitar, but my 5:50 sounds great with all of my guitars whether they have humbuckers, p-90s or Fender single coils, solid body or hollow body!

I'm a better player with this amp.

Back